Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First trip done

B

Beachfamily22

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We collected our Beach Camper on Thursday and just driving home from our first trip away, and what lovely weather we got! The van is just fantastic, everything we hoped for. I'm not normally confident driving new vehicles but I have to say, "Bear" made it very easy. Had a moment of confusion trying to get the heater to turn on - turns out it was set to "ventilate" mode. As soon as we swapped to heat it worked great and was surprisingly quiet. We ran it on continuous mode all night on level 1 and, as we had nothing else using power, were surprised to see the console reporting 0 minutes battery time left in the morning. Maybe running on a higher setting so it's not cutting in and out so much would be better? After maybe 15 mins running the engine on max charge the battery time showed 36 hours, so not sure how accurate the display is. Anyway, there is lots of info on here about battery management that I intend to plough through!
Really appreciate all the information shared on here, has helped us feel at home quickly with the van, so thanks everyone :)

PXL_20220917_170233720~2.jpg