Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Time Cali Owners - meet Coco

Tjnev2021

Tjnev2021

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi fellow Campervanners
We picked up our beautiful California Ocean T6 just before Christmas 2020, ordered during the pandemic thinking we’re done with flying! We‘ve always enjoyed road trips but travelled in a car and stayed in hotels, lodges on camp sites etc. So now we have Coco and booked to head off to Norway end of June (fingers crossed). But next week we’re taking a week off and heading North to test her out and actually use her properly. So far only really been to Sainsbury’s lol ...

Been enjoying reading the posts on the forum and thought we’d join in and say hi.

We need to sell the VW roof bars we had put on recently as we’re not too sure we particularly like them, is there somewhere best to try to offload these?

Also thinking of getting an awning, any suggestions? Preferably an air drive away one, unless anyone has any ideas for our type of van.

Thanks all and look forward to hearing from anyone with some fab ideas for newbies here.

Tracy and Geoff

65C95DD0-16B0-47E7-AB89-29C1873FA68D.jpeg

940B6826-9CFD-45B6-A802-C05B524B68E6.jpeg

AD9A77F1-72F0-428E-9136-69AD71319241.jpeg

346D13C5-CB12-4CAE-877C-961BAE7B99A3.jpeg

Hi,

Welcome to the site. I have a drive away awning for sale under the “used accessories” section, scroll down to the second page to view. It’s only been used once so is in great condition.

Matt

Hi fellow Campervanners
We picked up our beautiful California Ocean T6 just before Christmas 2020, ordered during the pandemic thinking we’re done with flying! We‘ve always enjoyed road trips but travelled in a car and stayed in hotels, lodges on camp sites etc. So now we have Coco and booked to head off to Norway end of June (fingers crossed). But next week we’re taking a week off and heading North to test her out and actually use her properly. So far only really been to Sainsbury’s lol ...

Been enjoying reading the posts on the forum and thought we’d join in and say hi.

We need to sell the VW roof bars we had put on recently as we’re not too sure we particularly like them, is there somewhere best to try to offload these?

Also thinking of getting an awning, any suggestions? Preferably an air drive away one, unless anyone has any ideas for our type of van.

Thanks all and look forward to hearing from anyone with some fab ideas for newbies here.

Tracy and Geoff

View attachment 78358

View attachment 78359

View attachment 78360

View attachment 78361
Welcome on board @Tjnev2021 , nice van and enjoy your adventures. Especially enjoy Norway. There are many threads on here on Norway trips and I am sure you'll be able to find some recommended places in Norway.

Enjoy your trips and do post up on your journeys on here as we love to read and see travel reports.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Keep the roof bars and don't buy a drive away awning. Theres 2 of you. Don't bother with the massive awning and all its faff . the roof bars will come in handy one day for the sake of a £100 sale

I am also of the view that a driveway awning is too much of a faff for 2 and especially if you tour and only stay a night or two before moving on. We bought just one slide in panel for the wind out awning and this meets our needs, we did think about getting another two to make a fully enclosed space but one works for us. The roof bars will restrict you quite a bit give the numbers of height barriers popping up and I would ditch them unless you really need them for a trip.

Hi,

Welcome to the site. I have a drive away awning for sale under the “used accessories” section, scroll down to the second page to view. It’s only been used once so is in great condition.

Matt
Thanks Matt
I’ll take a look.
Have a great day.
Tracy

Welcome on board @Tjnev2021 , nice van and enjoy your adventures. Especially enjoy Norway. There are many threads on here on Norway trips and I am sure you'll be able to find some recommended places in Norway.

Enjoy your trips and do post up on your journeys on here as we love to read and see travel reports.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you so much.
Will defo post pics and thanks for the advice on Norway posts ✅
Have a great day.
Tracy

I am also of the view that a driveway awning is too much of a faff for 2 and especially if you tour and only stay a night or two before moving on. We bought just one slide in panel for the wind out awning and this meets our needs, we did think about getting another two to make a fully enclosed space but one works for us. The roof bars will restrict you quite a bit give the numbers of height barriers popping up and I would ditch them unless you really need them for a trip.
Thanks, we might leave awning until next year as we might go back to Croatia and park up for a couple of weeks! I’ll take a look at the slide in panel, any sites you can recommend for these? Would like to have some shelter.
We got roof bars with the view to getting a roof box, not a good idea?? I so need to learn how to travel lighter lol.
Thanks again
Tracy

:welcome
We have an Vango Kela drive away awning, its great if you are staying in one place for a few days and need to leave at times. For short stays though the Comfortz Awning Room is brill.

Hi fellow Campervanners

Tracy and Geoff

View attachment 78358

View attachment 78359

View attachment 78360

View attachment 78361
If you join up as vip or lifetime member you can put stuff up for sale and also get discount on stuff. Dread to think how much I’ve saved over the years with the 15% Cotswolds code.
Hope you enjoy your travels :thumb

Welcome [mention]Tjnev2021 [/mention] and Coco!

Look forward to see more of your lovely van!
Sidepanels we sold after 1-2 times of use and got ourself only a front panel.
To extend your external storage ger yourself a towbar bike rack and use your existing bikecarrier for a bag?

We have the awning room from the CampervanBits shop and it is great at adding space for a few nights stay. It takes about 10 mins to put up and take down (3 panels). It’s a personal choice as I can see the benefits of both.