Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First family trip to The Alps

paulevans

paulevans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Evening

I'm wanting to sort out a trip to The Alps in July/August 2018. I've been mountain biking in Morzine and Les Gets quite a few times over the years and would love to take the family to the Alps in Dave the Cali for a couple of weeks.

Can anyone recommend good campsites that are near to towns, ideally Morzine?

Thanks

Evening

I'm wanting to sort out a trip to The Alps in July/August 2018. I've been mountain biking in Morzine and Les Gets quite a few times over the years and would love to take the family to the Alps in Dave the Cali for a couple of weeks.

Can anyone recommend good campsites that are near to towns, ideally Morzine?

Thanks
The Alps. Fantastic. I can't recommend anywhere near to Morzine but we stayed here, in Chatel which is a part of the Portes du Soleil group of villages along with Morzine, Morgins, Les Gets etc. A nice campsite with a covered pool with sun terrace for days when you don't want to be out on the bike or climbing the surrounding scenery. The village has everything you could need and in the summer there is a free shuttle bus that runs all around the village and up the valley to the Bike Park. If you're taking your bike Chatel is a pretty good starting point for a day out on the bike riding the Passportes du Soleil MTB route. Over the ridge at the end of the valley is a village - Les Lindarets - that is inhabited by goats (and humans). It makes for an amusing visit and has some great bars and restaurants too.

Back