Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First camping trip in our California

T2-Haz

T2-Haz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,

So picked up my 2012 SE about a month ago, been using it daily and have had quite a few day trips, but this was our first chance to overnight.

We spent the weekend at Chertsey C&C club, left Fareham 5pm, a quick stint up the A3 (traffic gods were on my side). And roof up/hooked up and kettle on by 6,30pm.

Kids loved it, ages 2 & 4, we are used to travelling & camping in our T2, and my 2 year old made the discovery that this van has the engine in the front! Haha.

Heater bubbling away all weekend, really didn’t notice the cold, the previous owner had fitted an brendrup internal topper (I think that’s what it’s called?) & carpet set so the van was really nice and cosy..

Woke up both mornings to a hard frost & bright sunshine, ridge monkey bacon butties all round.

Everyone slept well, the van did very well and pleased with our purchase.

Funny thing was the roof pump kicked in at about 4,30am - I knew about the auto system lift up, thanks to this forum! Didn’t expect it on the first night do it did make me jump, my wife thought somebody was opening the door.

I always make sure the button stays pressed until the pump stops,

Didn’t think much of it but the next day I did notice the roof had dropped noticeably on the right hand side, searched the forum and checked a few things, all the way up & down a few times, reset the panel, again thanks to all the knowledge on this forum, (no errors shown) up & down some more, did that a few times through the evening, and once before bed. This morning all seemed fine, I was expecting the pump to kick in automatically again after 10 hours but it didn’t. I checked to panel and it was still showing a tick next to open, which it hadn’t before when I’d gone to lift it after it had sagged.

So hopefully it’s sorted itself but I’ll keep an eye on it, although this is a 2012 van, but it doesn’t seem to have been used much, kitchen almost new etc, door handles stiff so I’ve been carefully going round and using some silicone type spray. Plus I’ll ‘Excerise’ the roof and leave it up for while at least once a week.

Not many photos,, either too cold or dark lol.

aae969cc7b0ef966a10e20e33c0b3d2c.jpg

90d96127a29669620cd4db595d66f8ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same age and colour as ours.
We got ours April last year and done almost 10,000 miles so far, gets better the more you use it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk