Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally joined the club!

N

NorthSouth

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everyone,

After nearly 6 months of deliberation and scrolling through many forum post we have finally found and put a deposit down on the Cali for us.
We collect the beauty (T6 Beach 150 DSG) on Monday and I honestly couldn’t be more excited!
Thanks for all the knowledge sharing on all the forums it’s been an invaluable resource to this point and will continue to be so. Myself, my wife and our two kids are looking forward to years of adventures in the UK and across Europe in our Cali.

Now just to sort, mattress, cool box, stove, storage etc etc (which I will also thoroughly enjoy!).
Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt and welcome.

Pics of the beauty are always welcome and good luck with the buying. It's easy to buy too much, as my "surplus to requirements" cupboard shows! :)

Hi everyone,

After nearly 6 months of deliberation and scrolling through many forum post we have finally found and put a deposit down on the Cali for us.
We collect the beauty (T6 Beach 150 DSG) on Monday and I honestly couldn’t be more excited!
Thanks for all the knowledge sharing on all the forums it’s been an invaluable resource to this point and will continue to be so. Myself, my wife and our two kids are looking forward to years of adventures in the UK and across Europe in our Cali.

Now just to sort, mattress, cool box, stove, storage etc etc (which I will also thoroughly enjoy!).
Cheers
Matt
:welcome The Beach is a fab vehicle you will have a amazing time making wonderful memories :bananadance2don’t forget to post some photos when you have her

Thanks @GrannyJen & @BeagleMum will absolutely post photos once collected and home.
On the buying of ‘stuff’ I think we will probably get the essentials and then see how we go on various trips and work our what might be useful

:welcome Also looking forward to seeing some pics...

Brilliant - you will so enjoy your Beach.

Another classic question for newbies - have you got a name for your new beauty?

:welcome

Brilliant - you will so enjoy your Beach.

Another classic question for newbies - have you got a name for your new beauty?

:welcome
We are considering this as we speak. Some suggestions so far; Shelley, Rosie, Faith. May have to let the kids have the final say. What’s the name of yours @oryx white ?

We are considering this as we speak. Some suggestions so far; Shelley, Rosie, Faith. May have to let the kids have the final say. What’s the name of yours @oryx white ?
Ours is called Babs. Carry on Camping!

Welcome here
Great time to buy! And I am sure you'll find whatever gimmick you fancy for your new California! Plenty to read here about buying and regretting
Happy camping!

8A428A96-9999-4704-A118-4CD4FC9DD1DF.jpeg
Got the girl home! Her name is Ziggy (already named by the previous owner and didn’t feel right to change it, plus we like it).
Thanks all for your messages.

Quick question - Ziggy only came with a European adapter hook-up cable (no other hookup cables at all). Being an absolute novice could someone please let me know exactly what I need to buy, both for UK trips and charging at home?

View attachment 64289
Got the girl home! Her name is Ziggy (already named by the previous owner and didn’t feel right to change it, plus we like it).
Thanks all for your messages.

Quick question - Ziggy only came with a European adapter hook-up cable (no other hookup cables at all). Being an absolute novice could someone please let me know exactly what I need to buy, both for UK trips and charging at home?

Congratulations. Ziggy looks good.

So the cable you have, will work with the majority of camping setups in the UK as is. It looks like this:
1597089553252.png
One side goes to the feed at the campsite and the other end to the side of the van.

To charge the batteries once in a while at home, you need this:
1597089467086.png
It connects to the cable above and you can plug it into a wall socket at home.

You already have the EU plug adapter ... which will be similar to the small one above, but with a EU plug on one end.

Hope that helps.

Congratulations. Ziggy looks good.

So the cable you have, will work with the majority of camping setups in the UK as is. It looks like this:
View attachment 64292
One side goes to the feed at the campsite and the other end to the side of the van.

To charge the batteries once in a while at home, you need this:
View attachment 64291
It connects to the cable above and you can plug it into a wall socket at home.

You already have the EU plug adapter ... which will be similar to the small one above, but with a EU plug on one end.

Hope that helps.
That is ace. Thank you very much @kurienp