Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally here

Oh come on, that’s not fair - by all means save a full frontal until the grills arrive but how about a proper side on shot with the 20s and sidebars on???
Haha, it’s dirty, I can’t share pics of a dirty Cali, oh forgot I also drilled two 11mm holes in the tailgate (very scary) and fitted a genuine VW tailgate spoiler, no pics either as tape is still holding it in place, and can’t stress enough how stressful it was drilling into a 5 day old vehicle!

Wow, that’s brave :eek:. Guess we’ll have to wait for the phot’s then; can’t dirty van captured for posterity! I can’t pop outside to compare until VW pull their fingers out and build the thing, but what’s the difference with the side repeaters?

You have to be very careful of the California lettering on the side repeaters as it is quite fragile.

Wow, that’s brave :eek:. Guess we’ll have to wait for the phot’s then; can’t dirty van captured for posterity! I can’t pop outside to compare until VW pull their fingers out and build the thing, but what’s the difference with the side repeaters?
It will be here soon I’m sure, but I know that feeling of how long will it be, I think VW chat are very happy I now have it!

Side repeaters had orange bulbs so swapped them out for chrome ones, small but noticeable difference.

You have to be very careful of the California lettering on the side repeaters as it is quite fragile.
Thanks for the heads up, good to know….there is a strong possibility it will all be black soon, depends how long I can restrain myself!

Nice van with some interesting mods. I hope you and yours have many happy adventures in he/she/it. :thumb
Nice van and your mods will make it even more special. Where are you planning to go for your first trip? If thinking of staying reasonably local for your first outing, there is a nice campsite (adults only side) at Broadhembury near Ashford or a little further a field the CAMC site at Fairlight Wood near Hastings is good with a short walk through the woods the Two Sawyers pub.
Yes I agree, the Fairlight Wood site is very quite and well worth a visit. The walk back from the pub in the dark through the woods after you've imbibed is also very interesting.

Pre covid, the Two Sawyers used to do an absolutely superb steak and kidney pudding. A good S & K pudd made on the premises is a very rare thing these days. Many places seem to prefere serving vegan this and vegetarian that, usually on a bed of wild samphire grass or the like with a smear of "reduction" and topped of with a blob of cuckoo spit. Give me a no nonsense S & K pudd and a pint of Guinness any day over that all too often over priced pretentious, nouvelle cuisine malarky. There's a time and place for fine dining but I don't believe that's what most people want from a British pub. I may be wrong but I think most people would be more pleased with a reasonably priced generous plate full of tasty home cooked comfort food. Just my opinion.

Digressing again, Many years ago we parked in the National trust's car park and took our then young family down the path to explore the nearby Fairlight Glen. Kept passing single young men with beach towels coming back from the beach but didn't think anything of it. The beach turned out to be a male nudist beach! :shocked We didn't stay long.

Test fitted the ABT splitter today, needs to go up about 10mm in the pic. Will be a few weeks before it’s on as away next week and then need to fit it in with other trips, happy so far.

C51527DA-005E-4A8B-8314-8BE9001B1662.jpeg

Red trims now here so I can fit the upper/lower grilles this weekend, plan was to wrap them but tried and failed so just ordered some pre pained ones, looking forward to the different look.

grille.jpg

Great news on the order, I had about a 9 month wait which was hard, but so worth it in the end.

Am really happy with the setup, taking the 20’s out of the equation the ride is as good as standard, just a a little more compliant and sure footed. As soon as the 20’s went on it certainly felt harder as you’d expect from a 35 profile tyre, I suspect this would be bad news for some but my daily is and has always been performance cars so for me it’s what I’m used too and actually more comfortable than my daily.

Just on the wheels, be careful on the rears as the sliding door is pretty chunky and limits the amount of ET on the rear wheels.

Great news on the order, I had about a 9 month wait which was hard, but so worth it in the end.

Am really happy with the setup, taking the 20’s out of the equation the ride is as good as standard, just a a little more compliant and sure footed. As soon as the 20’s went on it certainly felt harder as you’d expect from a 35 profile tyre, I suspect this would be bad news for some but my daily is and has always been performance cars so for me it’s what I’m used too and actually more comfortable than my daily.
Great, thanks for the update

Hi Abx

Stunning Cali!

Who did you get to paint the front splitter? I’m also in Kent but can’t seem to get anyone to take my money and paint my splitter!

Thanks very much, it was a mate who has his own body shop, he also was not keen as it was very time consuming and usually he’d be able to do a small repair in the same amount of time.

Are you fitting yourself as pretty awkward and needs two sets of hands, probably easier on a darker colour but on white was a real pita.

Ah that’s fair enough. I suppose they are crazy busy like everyone at the moment.
Won’t be doing it myself, hopefully I’ll get someone to supply, fit and paint. Mine is indium grey. Might have to copy your black grille!

Reactions: Abx
Hi @Abx are you happy with the quality of the grilles? Where are they from please? I’ve been told that some of the aftermarket ones aren’t great so keen to find a decent brand rather than respraying the originals

Back