Figure of Eight Strip/s

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I am looking for Kador Figure of Eight strips that are longer than 1m. I can find only 1m lengths from all the well known shops and suppliers but I want 2.5m. Can anyone suggest a source? Thanks in advance.

Most caravan accessory shops do this, but collect only. This could be one that near you.
I must have my eyes closed when visiting these places! I can always fine the 1m lengths but never the 2.5 metre. Thanks for the link, just need to be patient as they are out of stock right now.

3 mtr lengths on EBAY

Thanks for this will investigate transport/postage issues as I seem to always get a person who tells me that you cant post anything more than a metre long! I think a pick up would be obvious if this is a real difficulty! We shall see.

Thanks for this will investigate transport/postage issues as I seem to always get a person who tells me that you cant post anything more than a metre long! I think a pick up would be obvious if this is a real difficulty! We shall see.
You can post it via couriers but the cost is excessive, circa £34…..

Where will you store it?
I joined my 3 strips together with thin bungee cord loops.
2.4m will thread through from the rear barn door at floor level to just behind the fixed part of the front seat. I am sure the roof will be longer. I just need to check. Failing that it will definitely fit on the near side roof rail with some cunning little fixings. Bungee cord with knots.

2.4m will thread through from the rear barn door at floor level to just behind the fixed part of the front seat. I am sure the roof will be longer. I just need to check. Failing that it will definitely fit on the near side roof rail with some cunning little fixings. Bungee cord with knots.
Can I ask why you want to use a single, long figure of 8? What is wrong with using three or four short sections which store and work more readily?

I can agree with you that three x 1m will store more easily than a longer 2.5m strip but I can not agree when you say they work more readily. Do you have experience of longer Fof 8s? I would be interested to hear your comments on that.
My experience shows me that it dosn't matter how you configure the three x 1m f of 8's they will leak at the "joints" when it rains and that the leaks (well at least one) will be over the sliding door entrance. I am hoping that a longer f of 8 will solve this problem.

I can agree with you that three x 1m will store more easily than a longer 2.5m strip but I can not agree when you say they work more readily. Do you have experience of longer Fof 8s? I would be interested to hear your comments on that.
My experience shows me that it dosn't matter how you configure the three x 1m f of 8's they will leak at the "joints" when it rains and that the leaks (well at least one) will be over the sliding door entrance. I am hoping that a longer f of 8 will solve this problem.
No I haven’t used a longer version, but I haven’t found leaks to be a big problem with the short ones either. I understand now why you want to use a long figure of 8 if that’s the reason.

No I haven’t used a longer version, but I haven’t found leaks to be a big problem with the short ones either. I understand now why you want to use a long figure of 8 if that’s the reason.
PS

PS When I said work more readily I meant connecting the awning to the van being easier in shorter sections. It must be harder with a long section surely, especially single handed?