Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma F45s from Campervanbits

I'm coming from a T5 conversion (& now looking for a Beach) - I was able to keep my rafter hidden along the interior roof edge where the pop top sits, the area where the fabric folds, but I don't know the Beach interior well enough to say. Generally I only took it along on 'a camping trip' rather than for day-to-day.

Keep the plastic bag it came in though!

I was pondering putting it in the roof too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep mine in the mattress behind the seats - fits fine and is moved to the floor at night if not on the awning.

I'm off to Glastonbury area at the weekend, may take the quadcopter and see if I can get a nice aerial shot. The shade is a brilliant bit of kit, no road noise either that I have heard so far.

The rafter light is a wicked bit of kit too, looking forward to sitting outside at night with it on. :)

The rafter is surprisingly bright I did not expect that.

71d2f54d5d93d1168a107c094847f432.jpg

Last edited:
We had a busy working schedule planned today, then our new F45 arrived from Nick! Spent just over an hour fitting it, then another hour sitting in the shade out of the sun. :cool:

Fitting was reasonably easy, I had thought it was just fitted to the awning rail but the Cali has brackets fitted into the roof which makes positioning it straightforward. Getting the rubber seal to fit was the only tricky bit and requires strong hands and patience.

I got the LED rafter too which is pretty long and I think I'm going to have to slide it under the seat; which means I need to find a strong cover for it. Also there was a pack of plastic clips, part 98655-095, does anyone know what they are for? I'm guessing I don't need them as I've search Fiamma's site and it says they are wall brackets.

Hey Matt, nice job. Did you use any adhesive between the van and bracket. I see in the instructions (what few there are) that they suggest Sika 252. Any thoughts? Thanks

Sika is amazing, but my only concern would be snapping the top part of the bracket & then having to remove the lower glued part to replace it.

Anyone fitting brackets (esp. Fiamma) should photograph or keep the label for the long part code - from experience there are many many variants & it’ll be far easier should you need to replace one or both down the road ...

I didn't use adhesive either on mine but it does come with some very thin transparent stickers to stop the bracket rubbing on the rail.

I think its good to check the bolts are all tight every so often but mines been in place 3 years now without any concerns.

Sika is amazing, but my only concern would be snapping the top part of the bracket & then having to remove the lower glued part to replace it.

Anyone fitting brackets (esp. Fiamma) should photograph or keep the label for the long part code - from experience there are many many variants & it’ll be far easier should you need to replace one or both down the road ...
advice noted

Well, last night I managed to fit the Fiamma F45S to my T6 Ocean. It fitted with no need to start drilling any extra holes in the bracket. :thumb

One tip. When fitting the rain guard, use the handle end of a spoon to push up the bottom part of the rubber into the channel. Makes the task much easier.

Can you post a picture of the rear adapter please, i am wanting to see if I can convert it to a left side fitting.

Sorry but you can only alter the original VW rear bracket in order for the VW/Thule awning to be fitted to the left hand side (you can't do this with the fiamma F45). The original VW bracket comes with pop rivets that can be drilled and the angle can then altered in order for it to accept the awning on the left side of the van, the fiamma one comes as one solid piece so isn't adjustable at all I'm afraid.You will also have to bridge the gap on top of the roof with 1" square bar as there are no bolt holes in the LHS of a California Pop top (or aftermarket pop top) like there is on the RHS of the California. We've also recently tried VW original brackets with the fiamma F45 and the F45 sits too low and the sliding door hits it when it is opened - so the only option is original VW brackets and the Thule 5102 / VW awning. :thumb

After 3 years use can report it started to rattle but was a basic bracket inside to hold the arms had undone. Tightened the screw and rattle gone entirely.

Only one small negative in three years the rear cap has paint bubbles (aluminium) noticeable up close. New cap is about £30 so probably will only replace if it gets worse or I sell the van.

3a174b3d9e2490e1474c720d83d6f0cd.jpg
bending the seal back and pushing in hard with a thumb seemed the fastest method. This allows you to see if it was inserted properly as you went.

I’ve just fitted this awning today. Your pics really helped and the tip for fitting the seal was fantastic, I’d have probably resorted to a hammer in frustration if I hadn’t used your technique!

Thank you for taking the time to post this, really helpful :cheers

I’ve just fitted this awning today. Your pics really helped and the tip for fitting the seal was fantastic, I’d have probably resorted to a hammer in frustration if I hadn’t used your technique!

Thank you for taking the time to post this, really helpful :cheers
Glad to hear it helped, I still love mine today gets used on every trip! The coverage on this awning is massive.

Apologies for delay in replying, I missed this one. :)

Hi to all, just considering buying a Fiamma F45s to my Cali Beach T6 - gone through the pictures posted here, it seems like the fixing aluminium elements (2 parts between awning and car body) are same as for Thule Omnistor 5102 (OE awning), can someone confirm that, please? Thank you!

Hi to all, just considering buying a Fiamma F45s to my Cali Beach T6 - gone through the pictures posted here, it seems like the fixing aluminium elements (2 parts between awning and car body) are same as for Thule Omnistor 5102 (OE awning), can someone confirm that, please? Thank you!
See Post 44 above.
Using the Thule brackets, the Fiamma awning fouls the sliding door.