Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Favourite trips!

A

amybobs

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi guys,

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I'm new to the VW California (and forum!!) and have been looking into some road trip ideas, especially over the coming months of late 2020, early 2021. Preferably based in the UK due to the current covid restrictions and quarantine periods, but can anyone recommend a trail which they have done and really enjoyed in their Cali, or any which you're desperate to do?

Any inspiration would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance :)

We have been round most of the mainland UK broken up it to different holidays hugging the cost going down to the sea wherever possible - the Cali is ideal for such tours

Not U.K. but maybe one for the future?
Route des Grandes Alpes. Starts at Thonon-les-Bains (Lake Geneva) and finishes at Menton on the Med. Fabulous route marked by brown signs. Goes over some of the highest passes in the French Alps. Did it a few years ago in a Mercedes SL which was great but intend to do it again in my forthcoming Cali at some point.

There are so many great places to visit, do you like coasts, mountains, roleing hills, museums etc. Get a good map, pick a place you would like to visit and go.

Hi guys,

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I'm new to the VW California (and forum!!) and have been looking into some road trip ideas, especially over the coming months of late 2020, early 2021. Preferably based in the UK due to the current covid restrictions and quarantine periods, but can anyone recommend a trail which they have done and really enjoyed in their Cali, or any which you're desperate to do?

Any inspiration would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance :)

Welcome on board @amybobs .

Before we can give you any inputs, you will need to tell us what you looking for in a road trip. For example, for me, it is all about the drive. For my wife, it is all about visiting places. Being parked at a place for a long time does not work for us. What is it that you think will work for you?

The beauty of a California is that it is always ready for you to take you on your adventures - whatever you define an adventure as.

Either which way, google is your friend. I did a google for "best UK driving routes" and got to this link - https://www.boundless.co.uk/be-inspired/driving/50-best-uk-road-trips

Choose how you want to do it, in what order and check them off.

In our case, we have two bucket lists 1. Places to visit in the UK (and this includes best roads in the UK as well, in the Cali or on my motorcycle) 2. Countries to Visit. . The Places list is usually weekend or long weekend trips and we are able to do quite a few in a year. Countries is usually a 2 week trip and we manage at least one - if not two a year.

Make your list and then check them off one by one ... and don't forget to share on here :)

Enjoy :thumb