Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Favour Please People (ROOF REPAIR)

I phoned Coventry Listers Van Centre Tuesday (17th ) and VWCS to restart the ball rolling following the issues above.
Coventry said they would call back shortly. Never did.
VWCS replied within 24hrs and I’ve had 3 telephone conversations with them and two emails.
I am awaiting Coventry Listers Van Centre to arrange the booking with the bodyshop and sort a replacement vehicle. Incredibly VWCS have spoken to them 4 times and I have been copied into an email with the instruction to do this from VWCS.
Coventry van Centre just don’t seem interested...!!!

Quite possibly one of the worst aftercare service departments I’ve ever come across. Had similar experience with them many many years ago and vowed never to use them again. Unfortunately, it was the only place local that was dealing with the roof issue.

I would never buy a vehicle from Coventry, purely on principle...
Mine was initially booked into a body shop in Kent but I refused point blank to let it go there after I read their awful reviews. They relented and offered Marshalls of Newbury instead.
Distance shouldn’t be the overriding factor but I suppose VW are insisting that Listers rectify their own mistakes? But how can you trust them? I really feel for you.

^^^^^^
To be fair. Listers are the middle man between the Bodyshop (Tonbridge) and VWCS.

Yes it has to go back to Tonbridge to give them a chance to rectify.

It’s annoying that Coventry add to the headache of it all.
If VWCS can’t whip them into action, who can.
It’s a massive red flag for that dealership IMO.

Another red flag for the bodyshop too.
Just want to get it sorted, then I may part ex the vehicle

Sorry to go off topic but we are having similar problems although not roof related. Once resolved we are sadly jumping ship to Mercedes as we have been monitoring the MP forums and facebook pages for the past few months and their users have nothing but praise for the dealer network, I also think with it being a Westfalia partnership it is a no brainer for us.

Sorry to go off topic but we are having similar problems although not roof related. Once resolved we are sadly jumping ship to Mercedes as we have been monitoring the MP forums and facebook pages for the past few months and their users have nothing but praise for the dealer network, I also think with it being a Westfalia partnership it is a no brainer for us.
You must be reading different pages to me. The MB network seem as hopeless as VWs and they lack the knowledge of this forum.
I’m not saying their dealers won’t improve with time (it’s still very new to them).

Kirk.
Similar situation here. Complete fed up of the California product and the entire mess which is Roof Corrosion.
Do love my van, but with a viable alternative on the horizon it’s worth considering.
So far I’ve had a positive response from my local Merc dealer.
I’m interested in the MP Horizon which is similar to Beach, but they only had one for sale across their group dealership. They tried to get it transferred for me to look at, but it sold before I could see it.

It’s still very new to the range, but hopefully a few will start feeding through over the next few month, so I can see one in the flesh.
Definitely agree about the fact it’s Westfalia. Westfalia know how to build campers.