Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fan runs on when stopping engine

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
A few weeks ago a posting about when you stop the engine it seems the engine goes into a re gen cycle more often on short journey's it seems drive it hard once a week as if you have stolen it cures for a while

I picked up a free VW connect from my local car dealer ( don't think it was meant for the T6 but it works )

After entering in my Vin number and personal details it was up and working , the app I downloaded came with a number of gadgets , Tells you your battery voltage , fuel in tank , where you parked you car , and records all your journeys in great detail and of course gives you how you drive , braking etc. . all sent to VW and gives you a driving record of every journey,
Yesterday I drove round the block for a half mile and parked up , no interesting it recorded the short journey and came up in RED saying engine did not reach operating temp and this should be avoided and of course VW have this information I expect they could hold this against you in a warranty claim as I said this product is not for the T6 but cars , when you look deeper VW have set up a department to oversee this Live app to gather data about individual vehicles , another point when I added my vin number it gives you the full build spec of your vehicle

It has become clear to me using your vehicle for short runs say school runs how much damage with happen on the engine not reaching full temp . bit like running on choke all the time not good for MPG

But it does tell you where you parked the car and the time ? good for saving on parking tickets

Well, I'm glad it has served as an eye opener.
I have a very similar app for my Evoque called in control with some very useful features.
But equally I wouldn't worry too much about how you think VW will be using the data. It wont void your warranty with info like that.
Everyone does short journeys, how many short journeys does a new get before you pick it up?
The fact is most people know a vehicle should be driven to a good operating temperature for most journeys but occasionally that doesn't happen. If that is a regular occurance then probably not worth owning a vehicle in the first place really.

yesterday I traveled more than 160 km without stopping, and the engine was regenerating ... other times with shorter trips does not happen .... I also have another car VW euro 6 and the same thing ...... with euro 6, adblue we are at the end of the diesel ...

... I picked up a free VW connect from my local car dealer ( don't think it was meant for the T6 but it works )

After entering in my Vin number and personal details it was up and working , the app I downloaded came with a number of gadgets , Tells you your battery voltage , fuel in tank , where you parked you car , and records all your journeys in great detail and of course gives you how you drive , braking etc. . ...

JG, anything that you had to specify on your T6 to get this feature or do you think it comes by default on all new T6's?

Ta,
K

How clear are about how much damage is caused by short journeys? Just because the VW connect came up red I'd say not very.

Back