Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

European Breakdown Cover

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all

Renewal time is here for me and i need to get it sorted in the next couple of days as we're off to france at the end of next week.
The easiest option for me would be to renew with quoteline direct, same price as last year at £59.

The renewal notice says that the policy is now provided by The Rescue Service (TRS), don't know who did it before.
Does anybody know much about them, ie if they're reliable etc.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome as always. :thanks

I suppose all you lot with your fancy under warranty vans won't be much use here!

I went with vw assurance after my warranty ran out £150 for two years inc Europe
They do tend to fix a lot at the roadside. This was a personal quote relating to my mileage etc
Not heard of trs

Calikev said:
I went with vw assurance after my warranty ran out £150 for two years inc Europe
They do tend to fix a lot at the roadside. This was a personal quote relating to my mileage etc
Not heard of trs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have to sign up to this before your warranty runs out kev?
Mine's well out now.

I'm not sure :headbang I think I rang them up about a month before. I thought they where supposed to contact you before your warranty runs out I may be wrong. It might be worth giving them a ring :thumb

Freeley said:
Calikev said:
Not heard of trs

Mine's well out now.

As this is simply a recovery / repair service, run by the RAC, and not an extended warranty, I'm pretty sure there's no need for continuity. You can take it on whenever you want. There are some pretty good reports on the forum, especially as the RAC runs a fleet of T5s themselves. For just UK I'm sure there are cheaper deals, but the plus for me is the European cover

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Freeley said:
Calikev said:
Not heard of trs

Mine's well out now.

As this is simply a recovery / repair service, run by the RAC, and not an extended warranty, I'm pretty sure there's no need for continuity. You can take it on whenever you want. There are some pretty good reports on the forum, especially as the RAC runs a fleet of T5s themselves. For just UK I'm sure there are cheaper deals, but the plus for me is the European cover

That's true I think the price will depend on your yearly mileage and age of van :thumb

ChrisandPenney52 said:
... run by the RAC ... There are some pretty good reports on the forum
I agree, in the UK they sound good. But my recent personal experience of using VW Assistance in Europe is that they were, to put it bluntly, completely effing useless.

NickE said:
ChrisandPenney52 said:
... run by the RAC ... There are some pretty good reports on the forum
I agree, in the UK they sound good. But my recent personal experience of using VW Assistance in Europe is that they were, to put it bluntly, completely effing useless.

Ooh, that's not good. What country, what problem?

Without boring everybody with the details, telling me to take it the nearest VW dealer and then being unable to even tell where that nearest VW dealer might be, in my book, is pretty poor. I was basically left to my own devices.

Well rightly or wrongly I've gone with vw assist, rang them tonight and sorted it out so cheers for the advice kev.
I'll feel better travelling through france knowing I have the mighty vw behind me:lol:

If it is behind you and you're travelling, you are sat in the wrong place!