Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe in 2021

Karlos

Karlos

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi, I was sat wondering the other day, if possible are people going to take their Cali to Europe in summer 2021.
Where are you planning to visit and have you booked any travel yet.

Hi, I was sat wondering the other day, if possible are people going to take their Cali to Europe in summer 2021.
I’d love to head to the Italian lakes, but am resigned to that not being possible, and sticking to the U.K.

Have plans to drive from NL to Sweden, passing Germany and Denmark, then back through Norway.
Have booked the first camp site (but didn't have to pay up front) and plan to find other camp sites when I'm there. So yes, plans, but no risk of losing any money when it turns out we can't go. That's one of the advantages of the Cali in covid times.

Yes! ... and quite flexible on it as nothing booked.
- short trip - route and itinerary set for Switzerland. Just need to put a start date into an excel worksheet.
- longer trip - later in the year - Norway 2021.

Can’t see it being a viable option Karlos, unfortunately. I was looking forward to driving the left hooker over there!

Can’t see it being a viable option Karlos, unfortunately. I was looking forward to driving the left hooker over there!
Yes I was thinking the same thing but who knows we might get an opportunity late summer. Has your Beach been kind to you Elmo3.

I think National travel might be on the cards and the EU Directorate might want a EU wide approach but I fear most member states will impose their own border controls and Touring internationally would be a No No.

Yes I was thinking the same thing but who knows we might get an opportunity late summer. Has your Beach been kind to you Elmo3.

Love the Beach! With the kitchen pod and new fridge, we essentially have a Coast! Last proper away trip was September in that glorious weather but managed a few day trips when allowed. Hasn’t been out this year though...

If we’re allowed we’ll go. We have bookings from last year that have been carried over to this year. West coast of France around Il De Re And the Vendee, which were supposed to have been stop offs on our way back from the Pyrenees.

Good afternoon,

We planned a trip through Scandinavia, ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg is booked.

The idea is going from France to Belgium, Germany and using the bridge from Denmark to Sweden. We try to get up to the Nordkapp. The way back through Norway, Sweden, Denmark and so on.

We have 6x weeks for this trip. The camper will go to VW for a check-up and will get new tyres (Michelin CrossClimate SUV).

If it turns out that international travel is not allowed we can cancel the ferry and stay in Ireland.

Hopefully Scandinavian California,
Eberhard

If we’re allowed we’ll go. We have bookings from last year that have been carried over to this year. West coast of France around Il De Re And the Vendee, which were supposed to have been stop offs on our way back from the Pyrenees.
I could almost have cut-n-paste this as my answer. Planning a 2 week trip mid July. Vendee region for a week, 6 days in the Dordogne and back via Loire to replenish the wine stocks at a vinyard I found a couple of years back.

Not spent any (more) money yet. The ferry I had voucher from cancelled 2020 trip and the Dordogne campsite have transferred the deposit to this year.

Any campsite recommendations for Ile de Re or Oleron? It’s not an area I’ve ever visited. I've been following the Vendee Globe yacht race for last 80 days so their region sponsorship must have worked on me.

I could almost have cut-n-paste this as my answer. Planning a 2 week trip mid July. Vendee region for a week, 6 days in the Dordogne and back via Loire to replenish the wine stocks at a vinyard I found a couple of years back.

Not spent any (more) money yet. The ferry I had voucher from cancelled 2020 trip and the Dordogne campsite have transferred the deposit to this year.

Any campsite recommendations for Ile de Re or Oleron? It’s not an area I’ve ever visited. I've been following the Vendee Globe yacht race for last 80 days so their region sponsorship must have worked on me.
Good luck with that. You're choosing the peak French holiday season and signs indicate that the French will all stay in their own country, like they did last summer. The coast and those two islands (Ré and Oléron) are always full in the summer and likely booked-out within weeks from now. Try June or September if you can.

It depends what you want in terms of big and busy or little and quiet. We've gone for this one. We wanted to be right on the beach and it gets good reviews. Have a search on here there are lots of recommendations :thumb

We did exactly the same as you..Nobody knows what’s going to happen..Let’s just hope for the best.

School holidays are July 23 to 31 August. If camping in France is possible we will go for at least two weeks with the remainder of the holiday dinghy sailing on Chichester Harbour.

I think it will be possible. We did 10 days around Lake Annecy last year at the end of July and it was fantastic.

I’m hoping to head to the South of France, thinking of the Agde area, anybody got any recommendations for this area??

Where you staying in the Dordogne?

Would really recommend Le Capeyrou, loved it there for a few days.

Adge. Love that area. We've stayed at Yelloh! Serignan Plage twice, it's on a beautiful unspoilt sandy beach - but looking at your recommendation ofLe Capeyrou (which looks like a lovely spot) that site would probably be too big and "resort like" for you.

LesCriques, a much quieter site, is on our list - but is a bit further along the coast towards Spain.

I think it will be possible. We did 10 days around Lake Annecy last year at the end of July and it was fantastic.

I’m hoping to head to the South of France, thinking of the Agde area, anybody got any recommendations for this area??

Where you staying in the Dordogne?

Would really recommend Le Capeyrou, loved it there for a few days.

Luckily Le Capeyrou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! ... and quite flexible on it as nothing booked.
- short trip - route and itinerary set for Switzerland. Just need to put a start date into an excel worksheet.
- longer trip - later in the year - Norway 2021.
Sounds fab, hope you make it. If you do we would love to see your photos & follow your journey.

Luckily Le Capeyrou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adge. Love that area. We've stayed at Yelloh! Serignan Plage twice, it's on a beautiful unspoilt sandy beach - but looking at your recommendation ofLe Capeyrou (which looks like a lovely spot) that site would probably be too big and "resort like" for you.

LesCriques, a much quieter site, is on our list - but is a bit further along the coast towards Spain.
Thank you.. I will take a look and good to hear you love the Agde area. Is it nice around the Marina?

With 3 kids, we used to mainly stay on the big sites but after staying at Le Capeyrou a couple of years back we have been converted!

just watch out for the balloons at Capeyrou - view from our pitch 2019
View attachment 72641
Something about this place. Fantastic memories of evening swimming watching the balloons go up with the backdrop of the Chateaux. Nice relaxing bar, terrace and different food vans turn up each night.