Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Essex Cali

Alan

Alan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi every one

Fairly new to the forum.

Collected my new 180 DSG last week and we come from RomfoRd in Essex .

It was always a dream of mine to own a VW camper from the days of the "flower power" scene. .... Yes that's wright I decided to cash the pension pot in for the bus! .... :doh

I had a VW T4-2.4 that never let me down once that I owned for 11 years which served as a buisness van (painter & decorator) and family runabout .

This forum has helped no end in my research in choosing my van thanks to thanks to the output of the members, administrators and my experience with the T4.

I was a keen backpacker upto a couple of years ago until the recent wet summers we have been having. Decided it wasn't much fun anymore pitching and unpitching on a muddy field,great fun when I was younger though!

The kids have got to calling me "the silver surfer" now!.....anymore out there?.. :laugh2

Just to say also, love the comradery and banter that goes on this site.
Keep up the good work.

Bfn...Alan

Hi Alan welcome along I'm glad the forum has been of use to you
Enjoy your new Cali. Glamping instead of camping :thumb

Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum - and yes, it's a good place :)

I am in Westlciff - where are you?

James

Hi James

Nice to here from you.
I have read a lot of your posts on here, and along with others you seem to now your stuff on Cali's

Live in RomfoRd so I guess about 40 minutes away from you.
I will be looking out for you when doing the cruise run at Southend..... :lol:

Any more of us in the Essex area ?

Bfn....Alan

Alan said:
Hi James

Nice to here from you.
I have read a lot of your posts on here, and along with others you seem to now your stuff on Cali's

Bfn....Alan

Hi Alan

It's just obsession and not real knowledge lol. I'm a car geek at heart and owning a Beach has been an adventure as VW hadn't really revealed much about the Beach so as owners we've had to learn as we go along.

I don't know how many of us are in the Essex area, I've just started seeing a white Cali in Leigh on Sea but it doesn't appear to be on the forum.

I'd like to do a mini Essex meet, maybe when it's warmer.

180 DSG would my choice for a full Cali :goodone

The cruise run at Southend is not what it was - they've altered the seafront so much. In the Beach we prefer to hit the back roads and explore :)

Obvious questions with obvious answers, how does the Cali compare with the old T4?

James

Alan said:
Hi James

Nice to here from you.

Bfn....Alan

Hi Alan

It's great to know that another Cali has been added to Romford :thumb , I am also based in Romford & will keep an eye out for you cruising around :hello

Mark.

Hi mark,

That's interesting because I thought I saw a silver Cali go past me in Chadwell Heath a couple of weeks ago.

What colour van do you have ? Mine's natural grey.

Bfn...Alan :thumb

Hi James ,

The difference for me with regards to driving a Present day Cali auto to my 11 year old T4 manual is the technology. For instants ..an electronic key fob, a vehicle that can be programmed to be waiting for you already warm inside during cold weather and is it wright it can talk to you ?.. :lol:

Also I must remember to glue my left foot to the floor... I was just coming onto a roundabout when the drive gear was lost! I can only assume I must have knocked it out somehow, anyway my immediate reaction was to bring my left foot to go for the clutch pedal :headbang well I can tell you I am well impressed with the brakes! My wife wasn't though she was sitting in the back at the time :shocked

Bfn...Alan

Alan said:
Hi mark,

That's interesting because I thought I saw a silver Cali go past me in Chadwell Heath a couple of weeks ago.

What colour van do you have ? Mine's natural grey.

Bfn...Alan :thumb

Hi Alan

My Cali is Silver but is only Used for our camping trips and nourns our every day vehicle, it's now 6 months old with only 1000 miles driven and kept tucked up in a heated garage.

This must have been another Cali you had seen in Chadwell Heath.

Roll on the summer if we get one so we can get our Cali back out again. :D

Mark.