Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EPC warning light

R

RubyCoast2021

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Not the Cali, but still VW. The mother in law has a T Cross and the EPC warning light has come on the dash. Apparently it’s amber rather than red, if that’s even a thing. Her dealership won’t look at it til Feb and told her not to worry but she’s very anxious about it. We’re a long distance away unfortunately. Any thoughts on likely cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the Cali, but still VW. The mother in law has a T Cross and the EPC warning light has come on the dash. Apparently it’s amber rather than red, if that’s even a thing. Her dealership won’t look at it til Feb and told her not to worry but she’s very anxious about it. We’re a long distance away unfortunately. Any thoughts on likely cause?

Does this help?

Worth investing in an OBD2 reader. They are not expensive and are great for retrieving the code(s) that cause the EPC light to activate. Once you have an idea that should allay any concerns. They can also cancel the code which may or may not return.

I’ll start by saying that I’m no expert, but we’ve had VWs in our family for ever, and this fault has come up. From my understanding / experience, if the car isn’t in limp mode, and there’s no issues with acceleration, then the most probable cause is a sensor (engine speed sensor, mass airflow sensor).

I've received a photo now and there's also an amber engine warning. Not in limp mode though. My daughter has an OBD reader for her Golf but we are all >150 miles away from the car :-( 906df405-f4b5-40dd-839f-0e8d302087e6.jpeg

Does your mum in law have VW Assistance cover? If she has, ask her to give them a call. I’d also tell her not to worry too much, most cars these days protect themselves pretty much. But also, don’t do too many longish journeys!

Buy some Redex, put it in then go down the motorway for 20 mins to heat the engine up and start the regeneration. That has always cleared mine on any diesel engine.

Back