Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine loss of power.

Bobt4westy1998

Bobt4westy1998

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi I have owned my van for around 2years.
I have recently got my van back on the road, having been away this weekend I have noticed coming back
That it loses power when going up hills.
It cruises about 120 km hits a hill then goes down to 100 km and sometimes 90 km.
It’s a 2.5 tdi is this normal. ???

Do you have access to a device to read any OBD error codes? This could be EGR or MAF sensor related, a code read should give you an indication.

Is the turbo kicking in?

Oh and just asked a mate who has one here, he said something about checking KA15/KA15A fuse. No idea what that is though? I dont have a t4.

Do you have access to a device to read any OBD error codes? This could be EGR or MAF sensor related, a code read should give you an indication.

Is the turbo kicking in?
I'm not sure , but can ask for some advice about these things that could be causing the problem.
I think the turbo is working I can hear it making a whistling noise when I put my foot down.

I'm not sure , but can ask for some advice about these things that could be causing the problem.
I think the turbo is working I can hear it making a whistling noise when I put my foot down.
Shouldn't whistle on acceleration. See Post 6 above.
May have to remove the Intercooler to check the back of it. Not an uncommon failure especially in older vehicles.

Hey Guys.....got similar problem with T4 2.5 Petrol van starts, when under load (3rd/4th gear) starts to feel like no power.... replaced pugs , leads , coil ....sent ECU away and found faulty MAF Sensor replaced ( no other fault found) ... still doing same...thinking about Fuel injectors..? HOPEFULLY SOMEONE MAY HAVE SOME IDEAS..?? doing my head in lol

Hi have you had any work done on your van before this started happing. ??

Hi Bob simple rego check drove home and fault started. Mechanic had lots of trouble getting ECU back in van wouldn't except CODES had to be towed to VW dealer

Back