Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine blowby gas

dynamicstall

dynamicstall

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Anyone know how much fume is normal to issue from the oil filler with the engine ticking over and the cap removed?

372C79C4-1746-462F-8D63-29C316406A6A.png

10FC4AE7-E1FD-49D1-8921-9B5D507A72E7.jpeg

I don't but am intrigued to know why you are doing that - what are you looking for?

To be honest you are probably better also asking the question on a generic T6 forum as there will be 100x more owners there if this is a "standard" mechanical question with the engine rather than anything to do with the california specific fittings.

If your on about that gunk around the filler neck that's normal

Thanks everyone. I had a fume type smell when I started up and if I drove with the window down. I was trying to decide the source of the fumes. I have already had a dealership look at the exhaust gas recirculation tubes which were said to be intact. I suspect the crack was too small to see. Having just taken it to Carrs in Exeter they found a cracked tube and replaced it under warranty. The service was absolutely superb. I contacted them with the live chat facility at 9 pm and had a phone call back from the service department at 8:30 the following morning with the offer of an appointment within two days. If only everyone had customer service like that! So all sorted now and at no cost to me.

Back