Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emovis tag

How does this tag compare to saneff which is the tag we have
You need a additional tag but charges only appear on one invoice taken by d debit
This info was correct last year when we were in Spain
Regards Geoff

We love having the tag for the French autoroutes and we lend it to our son for his trips so it gets well used.

He was sceptical until he used it for the first time...

We love having the tag for the French autoroutes and we lend it to our son for his trips so it gets well used.

He was sceptical until he used it for the first time...

Anyone know how much leeway (centimetres) do the toll booth 2m height barriers give a VW California? Can it be assumed that all height barriers are positioned at the same height on the French autoroutes?

Anyone know how much leeway (centimetres) do the toll booth 2m height barriers give a VW California? Can it be assumed that all height barriers are positioned at the same height on the French autoroutes?
Never had a problem with the 2m lane.

Got an email today from Euro tunnel with an offer on the Emovis tag. Thinking of getting one.
Has anyone used one for driving in France?
Sounds like a good idea to avoid hassle at the tolls, especially if you're travelling alone in a right hand drive vehicle!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes, got one for France and another one for Spain/Portugal. If I’m going to Spain I find the Cork/Plymouth/Portsmouth to Bilbao/Santander crossing is similar price wise. Just returned Santander to Cork. The sea conditions were rough so unless you’ve got good sea legs, beware.

Yes, got one for France and another one for Spain/Portugal. If I’m going to Spain I find the Cork/Plymouth/Portsmouth to Bilbao/Santander crossing is similar price wise. Just returned Santander to Cork. The sea conditions were rough so unless you’ve got good sea legs, beware.
Concerning the height barriers, on the autoroutes I used down to Irun, the barriers had been removed; just a 3.5 tonne sign.

I have a tag from APRR. The problem I had was that if you translated the webpage and selected the country Great Britain I couldn’t go any further. You need to order in the French language and when it comes to the country make sure you select Grande-Bretagne. After you get pass that stage I translated the page back into English. I had a tag from Sanef now called Emovis but the cost was a bit too much for infrequent use.

The APRR website has changed and it is now very easy to order one of their Top Europ tags (covering France, Spain, (optionally Italy) and Portugal). The website no longer redirects you to the Emovis website if you select the UK (Grand Bretagne) as your country and it then defaults to paying by credit card. The only wrinkles are a) the initial cost inc delivery is 25 Eur, b) it's all in French, c) you have to choose a French Street type (so entering "Windsor Rd" will return "Rue Windsor Rd") and d) you have to open the 3 terms & conditions docs at the end as well as tick the boxes that you read them.

There is no annual charge and the monthly costs for France is 1.70 Eur and the monthly costs for Spain, Italy and Portugal are 2.40. There are no charges if you don't use it in whatever country.

I can
The APRR website has changed and it is now very easy to order one of their Top Europ tags (covering France, Spain, (optionally Italy) and Portugal). The website no longer redirects you to the Emovis website if you select the UK (Grand Bretagne) as your country and it then defaults to paying by credit card. The only wrinkles are a) the initial cost inc delivery is 25 Eur, b) it's all in French, c) you have to choose a French Street type (so entering "Windsor Rd" will return "Rue Windsor Rd") and d) you have to open the 3 terms & conditions docs at the end as well as tick the boxes that you read them.

There is no annual charge and the monthly costs for France is 1.70 Eur and the monthly costs for Spain, Italy and Portugal are 2.40. There are no charges if you don't use it in whatever country.
I can confirm it is now easy to order a 3 in 1 Tag from the APRR site. They ship to the UK very quickly. Mine arrived today after ordering it on Tuesday this week.

I hope it will work out cheaper than the 2 x Emovis ones I currently have which will be going back.

Alan

I can

I can confirm it is now easy to order a 3 in 1 Tag from the APRR site. They ship to the UK very quickly. Mine arrived today after ordering it on Tuesday this week.

I hope it will work out cheaper than the 2 x Emovis ones I currently have which will be going back.

Alan
Mine arrived today too despite having Rue in the address! Bit of a brick compared with the emovis one but def a saving: you get your 20 euro deposit back, the monthly usage fee for France is 1.70eur not 6eur and no annual fee of 4eur. Plus no lousy exchange rate conversion and fees (assuming you bill a credit card with no foreign bank fees like Halifax X card). It’s a no brainier.

Thanks for posting this info!

I found that indeed you cannot use Chrome to translate the entire process. You must access the main site first in French, click to select the topEurop card, then select Grand Bretagne as your country. If you start the process in English it fails every time you select UK for your country. But then after that point you can translate to English.

The credit card process wasn't particularly simple though. It rejected the first two cards (Visa and MC) that I tried, and only accepted the third, so if you have any problems just keep trying with different cards!

Fingers crossed the tag arrives before we head to France on Friday!

What’s the discount rate Loz ?

We had a Liber-T tag through ATMB, same as the emovis but the subscription per month of use was much cheaper. I think it was 11euro for the tag. Done via credit card you get a statement a month after usage of what is due. Dead easy plus you have credit card protection.
Looking at the current offer it is 1.90 per month of use, do 3 trips in a month and the the charge is waived.

Last edited:
We had a Liber-T tag through ATMB, same as the emovis but the subscription per month of use was much cheaper. I think it was 11euro for the tag. Done via credit card you get a statement a month after usage of what is due. Dead easy plus you have credit card protection.
Looking at the current offer it is 1.90 per month of use, do 3 trips in a month and the the charge is waived.

Couldnt see UK in the drop down. Have we been black balled ?

I have decided to send my Emovis tag back and will go for the LIBER-T tag. Emovis do not want the 'catch' stuck to the windscreen returned - but how the hell do you remove it? Stuck very fast on the top middle windscreen where the black pattern is.

I have decided to send my Emovis tag back and will go for the LIBER-T tag. Emovis do not want the 'catch' stuck to the windscreen returned - but how the hell do you remove it? Stuck very fast on the top middle windscreen where the black pattern is.
It will lever off but be gentle.

Are you getting your tag from aprr.fr?

A bit of any string - fishing lines preferred. Gently slide from side to side to cut the tape behind. Then any cleaner to take off the residual glue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back