Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical hook up

andygenders

andygenders

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
does a beach come with the external hook cable as standard ?

And with a foreign plug on the end not a uk 3 pin one

does a beach come with the external hook cable as standard ?
It comes with a Continental 2pin Adapter that will plug into a Standard Mains Cable for use on some Continental sites.
AF0A8D11-150A-49D5-A146-891310B187D5.jpeg 498FE0FE-32AE-4927-B68E-BBD6495F943B.jpeg

Does it come with a useful hook-up cable,? No. Neither does the Ocean. Something to buy and love

Depending where you are planning on going either a 10m or 25m cable is needed.
Most UK sites have individual hookups for each space but many continental sites have a common post with a number of sockets on. These can sometimes be a fair distance from your spot.

The idea of the 1m hook up cable is so when you plug in your 25m or 10m
cable roll in and lay it under the van away from the rain, the 1m cable reaches it.

Westfalia - the 1m bit goes at the opposite end of the 25m cable not the van end

Westfalia - the 1m bit goes at the opposite end of the 25m cable not the van end
I got one for each end supplied with my van when new, which is handy
cos its either a blue cee socket or a 2 pin.

I only use the short 2pin/3pin lead that came with my Cali when parked up in my garage to connect to mains in the garage 2pin socket.

All other times on sites i use the long 3pin lead plugged direct in the Cali.

Thats what the short lead is purposed to use for imo , to use with a normal extentionlead in the homeplug .

A good VW dealer should always provide the short lead in a new Cali as it is essential bit to charge the batteries at home each month