Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric windows

Hi All, just a update on my trouble with my E/windows, I thought they were sorted when I sprayed the switch with electrical contact spray & they started working but unfortunately they have now stopped, I've opened the switch up & they are working again but I feel that it's only going to be temporarily.
If I get a new control switch what do you actually get cause the electrical component looks like a sealed unit can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.IMG_20220113_104027455_HDR.jpg

Hi All, just a update on my trouble with my E/windows, I thought they were sorted when I sprayed the switch with electrical contact spray & they started working but unfortunately they have now stopped, I've opened the switch up & they are working again but I feel that it's only going to be temporarily.
If I get a new control switch what do you actually get cause the electrical component looks like a sealed unit can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.View attachment 88184
This is for a 2014 California.

67719A01-8FEA-4AF9-A011-FE7FB6F7E916.pngE4E2D7CC-A2AA-4278-84E1-235F43EB89C2.jpeg

Thanks mine is a 57 plate but looks the same.
What I want to now is if I order part number 3 is can I fit it because it looks like the wires are in a sealed unit (highlighted) or am I missing something View attachment 88203
Thanks mine is a 57 plate but looks the same.
What I want to now is if I order part number 3 is can I fit it because it looks like the wires are in a sealed unit (highlighted) or am I missing something View attachment 88203
1642334688802.png
You remove the connector circled in red (you will probably find a little tab or lever you need to push in on the other side before releasing. The window switch pack in the large blue box comes out of the black carrier by pressing down the tabs in the small blue boxes (other side as well) - VW don't sell the bits inside separately, so buying / swapping part 3 would be what a dealer would do.

A

View attachment 88204
You remove the connector circled in red (you will probably find a little tab or lever you need to push in on the other side before releasing. The window switch pack in the large blue box comes out of the black carrier by pressing down the tabs in the small blue boxes (other side as well) - VW don't sell the bits inside separately, so buying / swapping part 3 would be what a dealer would do.

A
Thanks very much, I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks very much, I'll try that tomorrow.
I released the connection cable like you said & sprayed with electrical contact spray & put back, the window switch pack I couldn't do, I think you need a tool that pushes the tags in at the same time.
All is working so will wait & see if it lasts before changing any parts.
Thanks again everyone who gave advice.

a small flat blade screw driver will release the clips, do one side at a time, a Little fiddly but fairly easy to do.
I managed to open it with your advice & put the new part in but still not working I swooped it back to the old part & thought what to do nxt then low & behold it just started to work a few days later that was months ago so fingers crossed it keeps working.:thumb

No power on both windows
Hi, Did you ever get the E/W s to work? I have aT5 and this has happened to me. I have taken it to 3 garages and no-one can sort the problem I'm getting cheesed off paying for someone to tell me they can't fix it. thanks