Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric window problem

slowcoach65

slowcoach65

VIP Member
Hi,

Have a 5 month old Cali. The passenger electric window has died, wont open with the switch on ether door. Before I take it in to be looked at a) anyone know which fuse I need to check? and b) is there lock passenger window switch (I had this on a 4x4 and had knocked it accidently when cleaning the car, took it to the garage who pointed out the window child lock? :crazy )

Hope you can help,

Andy

All sorted :thumb Well, sort of. I gave the wiring loom between the van and door a wiggle and all is well. Must be a loose wire. I will get VW to look at it next time it has to go in.

Andy

Can anyone tell me where the electric window fuse would be on a 2008 California please? Thanks

Can anyone tell me where the electric window fuse would be on a 2008 California please? Thanks
There are fuse diagrams for some T5 models in the Resources Section.
Actual fuse positions vary a lot but it should be in the same fusebox and be the same size, but possibly a different position within the box.

Thanks but I have trawled through all the fuse cards and diagrams in resources and they list every fuse except for the power window? Is there a quick fix to raise it till I can get it fixed? It seems to have gone down beyond the normal level too. TIA

Thanks but I have trawled through all the fuse cards and diagrams in resources and they list every fuse except for the power window? Is there a quick fix to raise it till I can get it fixed? It seems to have gone down beyond the normal level too. TIA
Known as the Driver/ Passenger Control Unit.
30 amp fuse.
Position B, Dashboard Centre under the fuses. Worth a look.
07598B50-7392-498C-A01F-EF673D26ED68.jpeg

Back