Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Side steps?

Herb

Herb

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Has anyone looked into retrofitting electric side steps? I have a couple of octogenarians who travel in the van with me (day trippers only) - recently looking rather wobbly on entry and exit. I have seen a company - Pagasus 4x4 who seem to do them to fit the VW transporter and just wondered if anyone on here had used them. Obviously I could just run around with a little step to all exits but I'm trying to preserve dignity and energy!

No. We just use one of the oversize plastic steps that caravanners seem to use. Wide/ stable/ cheap etc.

I find myself in need of a better solution than a plastic step. Searching online shows Pegasus 4x4 seems to have the most robust solution.
I know it is a long time since you posted but did you get the steps , would you recommend them based on product and service quality?

Hi - no I didn't get them. We continued with the impromptu step arrangement for a while. Sorry. I did look at the Motorhome Show in Birmingham last year and thought that even some of the expensive motorhomes are not particularly well served by a good sized step. It seems to be either balancing on a small step (worse for exiting) or going down the full blown wheelchair ramp! I have seen a motorised pedestal lift for standing on which you can buy and carry around with you but again it's not really ideal. Perhaps there is a market for something? Although clearly only you and I would be the customers