Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EHU help please !!

L

logyk

VIP Member
I think I may have damaged my EHU cable (don't ask how !!!!! :headbang )

Can anyone tell me which symbol should be showing when the van is on hook up ?

I am getting the battery symbol, which is showing full. My recollection is that it should be the plug symbol if the EHU connection is properly made.

Need to sort this for tomorrow.

Have you switched on the residual current circuit breaker in the rear cupboard?

I have forgotten to do this a few times!

Nope - will go and try that now.

Thanks for the tip.

It was showing on ........I switched it off and then on.

Still getting the battery symbol - is that right ?

No you should get an image of a two pin plug, have you tried the small reset button above the circuit breaker? It is coloured grey.

You have of course switched on the plug at the other end?

Again I have done that before!!!

Best of luck

Yep plug when plugged in, Battery when not plugged in and the engine is off, G symbol when not plugged in and the engine is on.

If you are at home, check the fuse in the plug to hook-up adapter. If you are on site check the RCD in the hookup.

Finally try someone elses cable :)

If none of that works then a trip to vw :-(

T

P.S. As you are a VIP you can download this technical manual, which details all the symbols on the display: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/downloads/t5_tech.pdf

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....still showing the full battery symbol despite switching the circuit breaker on and off and on again and pressing the reset button .

Is there any way I can check my EHU cable without having another vehicle to hand ?

I don't want to buy another EHU cable unless this one is totally kaput.

Only thing i can suggest is if you know someone who is near and is a caravanner/campervanner you try your cable on their vehicle etc

Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now sorted thanks.

The problem was that my little problem (AHEM !!!!!!!!!) had tripped out the electricity supply to my garage which I was using to connect the EHU.

My EHU cable is now working - plug symbol showing on the Control Panel.

I still have no plug symbol on my control unit when the hook up is in ...got power to the socket next to the sink so I know it's getting that far ...given up now ....

I still have no plug symbol on my control unit when the hook up is in ...got power to the socket next to the sink so I know it's getting that far ...given up now ....
What voltage is showing on the Control Panel with and without the Mains supply on?

Back