Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Edinburgh- campsite recommendations close to city

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi we are planning a tour of Scotland and our start and end point will be Edinburgh. Can anyone recommend any safe, dog friendly, campsites which have good (ie close) access to Edinburgh-thank you in advance.

I've always used the CAMC site at Edinburgh.

On the shores of the firth (well, just across the road), green area just over the road with lots of paths ad shore walks.

On the shores of the firth (well, just across the road), green area just over the road with lots of paths ad shore walks.

Just returned from that site, lovely site big pitches adequate facilities, could do with upgrading but ok. Bus £1.75 each one way into the city. take a torch if returning after dark. The bus used to stop outside but its now a ten min walk either through a secluded ginnel during the day or one stop earlier and then on Marine drive at night, (no street lights) but has pavement.
Hope this helps.

Just returned from that site, lovely site big pitches adequate facilities, could do with upgrading but ok. Bus £1.75 each one way into the city. take a torch if returning after dark. The bus used to stop outside but its now a ten min walk either through a secluded ginnel during the day or one stop earlier and then on Marine drive at night, (no street lights) but has pavement.
Hope this helps.
Great help thank you

Thank you

You could go to Lauder CCC a 20min car to Sherrifhall park and ride then 20 mins on the bus. Used that and a CMC site near the coast on the north side, it has a 30 walk into the centre.

We have recently returned from a one week stay at Lauder CCC and can also recommend it for visiting Edinburgh. We had a great time visiting the Edinburgh festival. In addition to the Park and Ride (as suggested by Teejay) there is also a bus stop on the main road outside the site with regular buses too and from Edinburgh. We tended to catch this rather than drive the Cali to the 'park and ride' as it meant I could have a few beers in the city without worrying about being over the limit! This bus was good and took about 50 mins and I think it cost around £7 or £8.
LauderCCC is a clean well laid out site in the countryside and is handy for visiting Melrose, Jedbrough, Kelso etc.