Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EcoFlow Delta 2 location

Tech on tech is a winning combination :D

Chap on Facebook said the Fingerbot is performing flawlessly so tempted to pull the trigger at £23.99, it's got to be worth it for the convenience of being able to power appliances off-grid without needing to go round the back and open it up.
Where’s dem + 24 notes :)

Like this?
Yeah that’s nice, but I’m wanting to simplify.
I’m now wondering if I can wire (direct from my Victron MPPT 100/20 Load connectors) to the 12v with a 10amp fuse inline direct to the Delta2
The Victron will output 20amps.
So 10 amps to my distribution board, and 10 to my Delta2.
I’ve found my XT60I-F to ciggie lighter cable.
But I’ll buy a XT60I-F connector and wire up with my 150v cable and a 10 amp fuse.
Not sure if the Delta2 likes to be connected to + for all time ?
I guess it’s got its own PSU protection circuit ?
When it’s fully charged ?

Yeah that’s nice, but I’m wanting to simplify.
I’m now wondering if I can wire (direct from my Victron MPPT 100/20 Load connectors) to the 12v with a 10amp fuse inline direct to the Delta2
The Victron will output 20amps.
So 10 amps to my distribution board, and 10 to my Delta2.
I’ve found my XT60I-F to ciggie lighter cable.
But I’ll buy a XT60I-F connector and wire up with my 150v cable and a 10 amp fuse.
Not sure if the Delta2 likes to be connected to + for all time ?
I guess it’s got its own PSU protection circuit ?
When it’s fully charged ?
I think the electronics and failsafe's are pretty well implimented on the EF Delta 2. I know the overload failsafe works when I tried to power my 12V tire compressor. The ampage draw was too great for the EF to cope with and it even blew the fuse in the 12V 16A rated ciggy lighter to XT60 cable.

I think the electronics and failsafe's are pretty well implimented on the EF Delta 2. I know the overload failsafe works when I tried to power my 12V tire compressor. The ampage draw was too great for the EF to cope with and it even blew the fuse in the 12V 16A rated ciggy lighter to XT60 cable.
Got you, how do you access the fuse in the Delta2 XT60i to ciggie cable?
I have a sort of sealed one.. with a rubber round thing.
I'll take a picture, would be eaiser.

I've just ordered an extension xt60i cable from Amazon and will test that 1st.
I can always unplug the ciggie lighter from my OOWOLF 130W extension from dist board, when I am away from the Cali for any length of time.

IMG_1152.jpeg
Took the rubber holding area off, and no screws or anyway of taking it apart.
Doesn’t even have a fuse ?

My EF supplied cable melted when it was charging from the 12V output on the dash. I bought a couple of higher rated cables from Amazon and these have a fuse in the ciggy connector.
Actually checking my order again I got a secondary cable so I could use it with the compressor.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B098T4B79L/

Then a couple of these to connect to the EF
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B6HXPFR7/
I tried a no i, cable, from a solar panel.
Wouldn’t work.
Had to make sure I had an XT60 with the i at the end.
As it’s intelligent temperature monitoring and then I guess switch’s off the juice ?
Are you using XT60i end connectors or not ?
They have a small piece of metal in between the connectors.

I use XT60i (supplied with the Xtar 100W panel) to my external portable solar panel and XT60 to the 12V outlet in the Cali. Both work without issues.

Mine lives where the second draw would be, fits in there quite nicely. Haven’t strapped it down or anything but it hasn’t moved since I put it in.

Slight thread hijack, I’ve run a set of sockets through to the living area which are very useful for boiling a travel kettle on the seafront etc without having to faff with the gas. Only problem is that as the Delta 2 has a manual on/off, I have to go in to the boot and turn it on first. Has anyone found a smart solution for that? Was thinking a fingerbot like this might do it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C49JJNP9/?tag=eliteelect-21

View attachment 120853

View attachment 120854
Have a look at this. I'm thinking of something similar for mine.
On Off Switch

Fingerbot install was a success, am able to sit on the bench seat with the Ecoflow powered off in the boot and turn it on to boil the kettle, then off again afterwards.

It’s the little things in life.

Back