Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Earth shunt

P

Phil Smith

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi , can anyone advise me on how to replace the earth shunt below the fridge please.

Hi , can anyone advise me on how to replace the earth shunt below the fridge please.
How to Guide in the Resources Section, for VIP members.

Thankyou very much , thats really helpful.

Good morning , when changing the earth shunt - is it advisable to disconnect the batteries ? If so ... do l disconnect all 3 batteries ? Also , if anyone has seen videos of changing the shunt - please could they let me know where they saw them . Thankyou very much .

Good morning , when changing the earth shunt - is it advisable to disconnect the batteries ? If so ... do l disconnect all 3 batteries ? Also , if anyone has seen videos of changing the shunt - please could they let me know where they saw them . Thankyou very much .
No need to disconnect the batteries.
No video but there is a very good ‘how to do guide’ in the vip section. Very easy job, follow the guide you cannot go wrong.

No need to disconnect the batteries.
No video but there is a very good ‘how to do guide’ in the vip section. Very easy job, follow the guide you cannot go wrong.
Thankyou , l wondered if disconnecting and reconnecting the shunt wires would require the 'power off ' . I have downloaded the how to guide from vip but don't have a computer or printer , so it is very small on my phone, and the old peepers aren't what they were thankyou very much for your reply

Have you bought the shunt parts? Once the fridge is lifted up and out of the way it is mainly self explanatory what needs changed, you should be fine viewing on your phone.

Have you bought the shunt parts? Once the fridge is lifted up and out of the way it is mainly self explanatory what needs changed, you should be fine viewing on your phone.
Excellent! Thankyou , have parts being posted to me . Thanks for your help.