Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dynamic Damper Control

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Anyone with input about this option on the T6? Dynamic Damper Control.
It would have been nice if able to lift the Van over obstacles, or is it just for different suspension modes, ie comfort?
I wonder who needs "Sport" on a California.

I have no knowledge of this on the Cali, but on my wife's Golf it just allows you to set the suspension to comfort / normal / sport, as you guessed. I think hard suspension would have been handy when the kids were messing about in the roof, making me feel seasick ...

I have no knowledge of this on the Cali, but on my wife's Golf it just allows you to set the suspension to comfort / normal / sport, as you guessed. I think hard suspension would have been handy when the kids were messing about in the roof, making me feel seasick ...

I'm under the impression that the heavy duty anti-rollbars stop the seasick rolling around feeling?

I think it is just different suspension modes so it won't offer different ride heights as you would get with air suspension. Also, I'm told it's not available in the UK. Mind you I was also told that the electric sliding door was not an Ocean option in the UK, but after pestering the dealer about it the option eventually became available!

I just saw a german/english review of the T6 Multivan, the reviewer could not notice any difference between the modes. VW claimed since the car had 18" wheels it goes unnoticed. If it where riding on 16" it should be more difference.
I am going for the upgraded sway bars instead.

I think it is just different suspension modes so it won't offer different ride heights as you would get with air suspension. Also, I'm told it's not available in the UK. Mind you I was also told that the electric sliding door was not an Ocean option in the UK, but after pestering the dealer about it the option eventually became available!
Hi MCh,
I've spec'd a California Ocean recently and was not offered the electric sliding door, only the electric closing feature which just secures the door as it gets to the pillar. Is that a definite? Thanks

In the german pricelist there are two options, closing help a 135€ or electric closing and help a 523€

Hi MCh,
I've spec'd a California Ocean recently and was not offered the electric sliding door, only the electric closing feature which just secures the door as it gets to the pillar. Is that a definite? Thanks
That's what I was offered at first. The electric sliding door was a must-have option for me and I said I would wait until it was available before placing an order. A couple of weeks ago the dealer said it was now an option (although it still hasn't appeared in the options price list yet).

That's what I was offered at first. The electric sliding door was a must-have option for me and I said I would wait until it was available before placing an order. A couple of weeks ago the dealer said it was now an option (although it still hasn't appeared in the options price list yet).
You're spot on. It's only become available recently and our dealer wasn't aware of it yet!!!! He's enquired and is an option now but you can't have the 4 remote key option with it only the 2 remotes and rigid key. Happy days order changed and build date Dec 6th. Thanks MCh

Doesn't it make a loud annoying beep as it closes?

This is the review, recorded by a german in Sweden, in english:
I've ordered the DDC option based on past experience but now I'm thinking twice about if it was a good choice. Previously I had it lowered and stiffend by the dealer and it became a much better ride.

Doesn't it make a loud annoying beep as it closes?
Yes it does, and when I eventually track down the beeper I will stuff a sock in it! The other option is to use the disable button which puts the door into manual mode with electric latching.

Yes it does, and when I eventually track down the beeper I will stuff a sock in it! The other option is to use the disable button which puts the door into manual mode with electric latching.
I wish I'd known about that when we hired a Cali that had the electric door, it made me cringe when going for a late-night pee having the door beep getting back in. Didn't realise there was a disable button. The electric latching makes a small whirr but less noise than vigorously slamming, so that's not an issue.

Back