Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG 180 4 Motion Question - Tax Band

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just returned to UK and going through slow process of re-registering my vehicle with DVLA. Its a 2014 California SE 2.0 PS TDI BMT 7 speed DSG 4 Motion. (Exported previously under personal export scheme)

Long story but can anyone with a similar model tell me what Excise band this is in. The gov. web sites state Band L + £490 but DVLA have sent me correspondence suggesting band K £266.75.

Before taking it up with them I thought I'd check with 'the forum' ?

Many thanks

The 2014 brochure (in the downloads section) shows 4 motion DSG BMT with co2 at 219 which puts it into band K I seem to remember if its not BMT its co2 at 234 . The costs you have shown look wrong for the bands, from the .GOV website:
Band J £265
Band K £290
Band L £490
Band M £505

I wouldn't believe anything the government say. I would go with what dvla say,and its cheaper:thumb

Just taxed mine, same van as yours £266.75.

The 2014 brochure (in the downloads section) shows 4 motion DSG BMT with co2 at 219 which puts it into band K I seem to remember if its not BMT its co2 at 234 . The costs you have shown look wrong for the bands, from the .GOV website:
Band J £265
Band K £290
Band L £490
Band M £505

Just spoke with the VW dealer where I bought the vehicle last year before temp. export. He told me that the Gov figures are wrong and to ignore them, also that my vehicle is £290 - relief!! Thank you all for your replies :)

A good example of this site saving me money :)
Thanks again all.

Rules changed 1st August 2013 from being PLG based to car band based for newly registered California SEs.

Up to about 2013 Calis were registered as motor caravans for tax purposes so the emissions data was ignored since then they have been taxed according to emissions. Beaches have always been taxed as cars so emissions based. When the beach first came out the bigger engined ones were far more expensive than the SE to tax.
When the T5 cali first came out some were registered as cars & some as motor caravans, I seem to remember a lot of the "cars" getting recatorgarised with tax refunds being issued. These days it appears that there is no advantage in being registered as a Motor Caravan especially if you own a beach - it means higher fares on the channel tunnel & parking wardens chasing you in swanage!

Back