Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving to Bosnia, Macedonia and Montenegro

Tanya Gander

Tanya Gander

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We are heading off for a Balkans road trip taking in Bosnia and Herzegovina, likely Macedonia and Montenegro too
Despite much searching, I can't find a way of upgrading our NFU Green card from third party insurance to fully comp.

A Google search brought up Herts insurers who said it would be about £300-400 to cover us for 2 weeks, but it needed full underwriting to confirm.

Has anyone done this and survived with no horror stories? We would be heartbroken if our Cali was stolen and stripped for parts...

Many thanks

One thing is for sure, if you´re Cali was stolen whilst down there, you
won´t be seeing it again.
It is a lot of dough just for 2 weeks insurance but if it covers the worst
case scenario, then i think i would get it.

We are heading off for a Balkans road trip taking in Bosnia and Herzegovina, likely Macedonia and Montenegro too
Despite much searching, I can't find a way of upgrading our NFU Green card from third party insurance to fully comp.
Sounds like you've done a lot of research Tanya. We were planning something similar this year but had to postpone it until next year for one reason and another.

When we were planning things I came across a number of threads on here that included bits and pieces of information on insurance. You'd have to use each individual country as well as Balkans in the search to find them all I guess. I didn't bookmark any of them sadly. (Also add Albania in the search). And that last comment is of course only any use if you haven't tried all of that!

I also came across this site -> https://www.travelsofabookpacker.com/the-balkans/ where the couple have documented their itinerary as well as info on driving in the Balkans. By the look of their van they weren't too worried about comprehensive insurance.... :)

It would be great if you do find the best way of getting insurance if you could document it somewhere on here for future use by other members. As well as photos and any other do's and don'ts.

Have a great trip!

Back