Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive the deal

Y

Yelekreb

Guest User
Hi, am thinking hard about a Cali. Dealers only seem to like to quote list prices, whereas I'm finding better prices on Drive the Deal. Are Dealers matching or getting close to these prices? My impression is that demand is so string that they feel they can stick with list prices. 2nd might be more affordable.

Grateful for any thoughts/tips/experiences!

Yele

Hi, I am waiting for my Beach to arrive at SMG Tonbridge, Speak to Julie who has been very helpful and responsive throughout the buying process! I spoke to DriveTheDeal, who promised and then didn't deliver. Another very active dealer was Birmingham VW Van Centre, Graham was very keen to do a deal and appeared knowledgeable! I feel I got a fair deal from SMG, who were far more competitive than my local snoozing dealership!!... Good Luck!

I was offered discounts ranging from 2% to 8% and then got a little more than 12% from DTD.
I sought a price match and the dealer I talked to said it wasnt possible to get anywhere close, so I ordered from DTD.

I did need to chase DTD up once after they accepted my order, since the dealer didnt get in touch. I'm in possession of a receipt & order from a dealer and delivery due next month.
If you order from DTD their online price seemed to go up a few hundred in the evening and then drop again when they opened up for business.

I was happy with my deal and I know my vw dealership will treat me right with my Cali ...I'm not totally onboard with the drive to deal ,as it seems it may only end up being afew hundred squids and when I'm spending 40k+ I like to have the 100% dealership backing that I'm happy ...
Ps...if the deals where that great everyone would do it and the residual Cali prices would fall and I'm not sure any of us want that really ,as it keeps the Cali slightly different and special I suppose ....
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will pipe up and tell me ..... Lol lol :)

We used the DTD quote as a leaver for a main dealer discount and they matched it to within a few hundred quid and got odds and sods thrown in. So double digit discounts are available. Tough it out.

Calincolnshire said:
We used the DTD quote as a leaver for a main dealer discount and they matched it to within a few hundred quid and got odds and sods thrown in. So double digit discounts are available. Tough it out.

Depends on time of year ,time of the month :), spec , when you want it and how desperate the dealer is to hit a target on the Cali or to pump up the dealership sales overall even if they have to take a slight hit on it to show sales ....;-)

If it is worth having, it is worth paying for. The dealers have to make a living too!

Problem with places like DTD is that they won't be there to provide experience, expertise, back up etc. In some ways, we are all our own worst enemies!

I don;t think you can expect huge discounts on a vehicle that doesn't depreciate much.

Buy one from a decent dealer amd enjoy it. You can spend months and months looking to save £1000.

Take the DTD price to two or three vw dealers and ask them if they'll price match it. We did and got 12% off the list price from our local vw dealer :clap

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had received a California camper van from Drive the Deal without any problems?

Gaila said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had received a California camper van from Drive the Deal without any problems?
Drive the deal order from a VW dealer and presumably get a commission out of the deal.
I am due to receive mine in March.

Back