Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awnings

R

Richard_O

Hi folks

Advice wanted please on drive away awnings. We're looking fro one that can house a porta potty but also have separate rooms within. Also, can you attach a drive away awning to a California?

Thanks in anticipation :p

I don't have one, but yes you can attach to the cali search on forum for threads with info.
Khyam motordome seems to be popular.

I have the Khyam Motordome sleeper which is a drive away with two rooms inside the tent and connects to the side of the awning using a Kador strip.

Hi

We have the California Highway made by outwell, you are able to add an additional inner room which then gives you 2 extra rooms, a nice size middle area plus a porch area.

It attaches to the channel of the wind out awning of the vehicle to make it all water tight, we are now used to how it all goes up & takes us about 15 mins to fully erect & looks great attached to the Cali.

Hope this helps.

We use the khyams on our hire fleet. Very quick to put up and fairly robust. I've got both types if you want to come and look at them before you buy :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
We use the kayaks on our hire fleet. Very quick to put up and fairly robust. I've got both types if you want to come and look at them before you buy :thumb

Oli do you mean khyam not kayak?

we have the khyam motordome sleeper asking around before hand a lot of friends had the base khyam and later regretted it as there is not a lot of space if you add an inner tent. the sleeper is great especially for longer trips as 2 bedrooms off the main awning. On;y drawback i had was fast to erect but then lots of pegs to fully secure it.

Yes, blooming fat fingers and iPhones! But we also have kayaks :crazy

All makes sense now. No room in the kayak for a toilet...

The California Highway by Outwell looks the business - 15 minutes to erect you say? How big is it when it's all packed up?

Richard_O said:
All makes sense now. No room in the kayak for a toilet...

The California Highway by Outwell looks the business - 15 minutes to erect you say? How big is it when it's all packed up?

Yes we have it down to a fine art now but the first few times you erect will take you around 30mins, it packs into two strong bags, one for the pole set & one for the tent, the tent folded is approx 2ft high 1 1/2ft Diametre .

I you check out you tube they have a demo video.

Back