Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning recommendations

N

natty

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

We have recently purchased a California beach, and are looking for a driveaway awning to go with it.
We are 6 in total - 2 adults, 5yr old twins a 12 and a 13, so need an awning with space for 2 sleepers and enough room for cooking etc. I have seen the Vango Galli II RSV low which seems to fit the bill, but certainly would be happy to buy second hand and would be interested in any suggestions/recommendations to suit our needs.

any help much appreciated

thanks

nat

Hi Nat,
We have a Khyam Airtech XC which has plenty of space. We have had a problem on a few sites complying with the 6m rule between neighbouring units so it is always best to let the site know you have a big awning in advance and they normally find you a suitable plot.

Khyam did have a few problems last year, but have a new distributor now.

We did try their Motordome pro quick erect awning, but really did not get on with it at all and returned it. It did take us a while to get our money back due to their distributor go into administration, but they came through eventually.

The air awnings are really easy to put up, but the big ones will still take you the best part of an hour by the time you have done all the pegging out.

In regards to Khyam - probably explains why I've been struggling to get their Screenhub Harewood Package ?

We bought the Khyam Motordome Dub Hub when we first got the van. I preferred it’s pop up design as I could put the awning up myself without needing help. It works a treat and with practice you’ll be opening your first beer in no time at all.

The beauty of the Khyam Motordome type awning is that they are modular and can be added to. In your case you can buy an inner tent or an annexe extension tent to increase the capacity.

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

Keep an eye out on eBay from this evening (Saturday 14th March 2020), as I’m selling our Dub Hub as we have gone the opposite direction and decided for now we prefer camping without an awning.

If we had the space I’d hold on to it, as it’s a great bit of kit, but if we aren’t going to use it this year someone else may as well benefit for a fraction of the price we paid new in summer 2018.
90254ECB-2DC1-44D4-BAE7-039ED96D296C.jpeg

Hi

We have recently purchased a California beach, and are looking for a driveaway awning to go with it.
We are 6 in total - 2 adults, 5yr old twins a 12 and a 13, so need an awning with space for 2 sleepers and enough room for cooking etc. I have seen the Vango Galli II RSV low which seems to fit the bill, but certainly would be happy to buy second hand and would be interested in any suggestions/recommendations to suit our needs.

thanks

nat
Hi we can thoroughly recommend the Kampa Travel Pod Action AIR . We bought ours for use on our T6 Ocean and have found it easy to erect and pack away. I will be putting ours up for sale soon on this site as we are expecting to collect our Grand California any day now. If you are interested message me.

Hi

thanks

nat
Hi
We have “upgraded” to this one. It’s quicker to put up than a poled awning. Plenty of room and comes standard with the internal bedroom.
We still have our Outwell California Highway, with all the accessories, but haven’t bothered trying to sell it. If you’re interested in a poled awning, I’ll be happy to consider.
It’s in excellent condition as we only used it if stopping somewhere for longer. It takes a while to put up if you do it alone and the poles are heavy and bulky to transport
If you want I can send pics
Alan

Hi we can thoroughly recommend the Kampa Travel Pod Action AIR . We bought ours for use on our T6 Ocean and have found it easy to erect and pack away. I will be putting ours up for sale soon on this site as we are expecting to collect our Grand California any day now. If you are interested message me.
Hi there
What sort if price were you hoping fir
Mark

SheltaPod sleeps 2 adults and 2 children and it's really quick and easy to adapt for different uses. It also has a gap between the pod and the vehicle which is ideal for cooking. There is a sale on now so options including the inner tent are between £225 and £250.Grey sheltaPod-3.JPG

Hi

thanks

nat
Hi there, check this one out, https://www.olprobreeze.com/cocoon-breeze/ we have the cocoon breeze and couldn’t recommend in enough. 15mins pitch, big enough, simples.

Back