Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning kit question

rjb24

rjb24

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looking at the club shop, there is the Kampa kit for £19.50 (AC0312) and the Vango kit for £23 (AWXDRIVE 3DTA15).

The Vango comes in 3 sections. The Kampa appears to be 1 complete section.

I'm assuming the figure of 8 is not that flexible so you need to store it somewhere, does it and the fabric strip sit inside the California awning rail (VW) neatly out of the way?

The Vango being in 3 sections would sound like water would drip through the gaps but does the cover of the factory fit awning cover the gaps?

I'm assuming the figure of 8 is not that flexible so you need to store it somewhere, does it and the fabric strip sit inside the California awning rail (VW) neatly out of the way?

The Vango being in 3 sections would sound like water would drip through the gaps but does the cover of the factory fit awning cover the gaps?

We tried the 3 section version and ended up throwing them away. A single 2.4m length figure of 8 is much easier to attach and detach. We only take this with us when we are going to put up the awning and don't keep it in the van.

The kador strip is flexible and we fold ours and store it with the chairs.

Interesting, thanks blondebier, do you know if the kador strip and figure of 8 will stay attached inside the awning rail enclosure or is it too wide and therefore protrudes out?

Interesting, thanks blondebier, do you know if the kador strip and figure of 8 will stay attached inside the awning rail enclosure or is it too wide and therefore protrudes out?
I've not tried to do that. It might, but you'd have to bend it round to sit under the awning case. (My gut feeling is that the awning wouldn't retract fully)

It might be possible to remove it from the rail and then tuck it in as the awning is wound in.

I'll give it a go later and let you know.

I use a vango three piece fig of 8 with no problems, not experienced20190824_122535.jpg any dripping water problems when using our vango cruz.
Three piece strip is easy to store in bag supplied, fits between side panel and multi bench legs.
It does need to be removed to fully close awning.

Sadly not. I tried it this evening and it won't tuck in to the awning casing.

It fits in with the chairs no problem though

20190923_195224.jpg

Thanks for checking. much appreciated!!
So when travelling where does the figure of 8 strip end up as presume that’s not as flexible and won’t go in the tailgate. 3metres of it is a bit hard to hide away neatly.

I slide it in on the left of the 3 seater bench and the front passenger seat.

Thanks for checking. much appreciated!!
So when travelling where does the figure of 8 strip end up as presume that’s not as flexible and won’t go in the tailgate. 3metres of it is a bit hard to hide away neatly.

Can it be secured externally, perhaps in the valley between the awning casing and roof?

Only a suggestion and I haven’t tried it in my Cali, but would it fit in the roof area at the side of the mattress? That’s where I kept mine in a previous Bilbo’s T6

Looking at the club shop, there is the Kampa kit for £19.50 (AC0312) and the Vango kit for £23 (AWXDRIVE 3DTA15).

We have recently purchased a Vango Kela IV and couldn't be more pleased!

I have the Vango one, which is really natty, with it's own bag, however, does anyone else come back to their van with the some of the figure of eight having slid off because it is windy. Is there anything I can put on each end just to keep it from sliding? thank you for reading.

PS I have bought a Vango airbeam Palm, it is brilliant.

Is this model dependent? I have just bought a Vango palm for my t6.1 Ocean, can anyone point me to the relevant Vango kit please?

I have the Vango one, which is really natty, with it's own bag, however, does anyone else come back to their van with the some of the figure of eight having slid off because it is windy. Is there anything I can put on each end just to keep it from sliding? thank you for reading.

PS I have bought a Vango airbeam Palm, it is brilliant.
Had exactly the same issue and used 2 of these, either end on the awning kador strip to stop it sliding and not had a problem since

68be6e335514e94824ebb4a1e43e1495.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Had exactly the same issue and used 2 of these, either end on the awning kador strip to stop it sliding and not had a problem since

68be6e335514e94824ebb4a1e43e1495.jpg

Where exactly did you attach these clips, to the drive away kador strip, and the awning kador together?

Usually the kador strip or the awning bead is longer than the channel in the van or the lead-bar, so I use these clamps on either end of the overhanging kador/awning sections to stop them from sliding either way...
I'll try to take a pic with a spare length of kador strip shortly

Usually the kador strip or the awning bead is longer than the channel in the van or the lead-bar, so I use these clamps on either end of the overhanging kador/awning sections to stop them from sliding either way...
I'll try to take a pic with a spare length of kador strip shortly

that'll be perfect thank you very much appreciated, I also found recently at the Lake District that the figure of eight I used, when windy was moving all over the place, I'm using a Outwell Blossburg 380 with the Link Access Zone System, which is cool as it'll fit either left or right hand side door opening but did struggle in the wind when attaching it.

Hope this gives you the idea...
Can use at either end of the fig8, or kador strip to van, or both using 4 Clamps.
Will take a pic "in use" next week when we are away DSC_2338.jpg

My pleasure... As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Wow, just stumbled onto this and also been looking for a solution to the ‘sliding Kador strip’ for ages. Off upstairs to the PC to push off hubby and order these on Amazon.
Thanks, this forum never fails to amaze us.

The Rovtop ones are Out of Stock( hadn’t noticed the post date, a while ago) , but hey ho purchased a 4 pack of Faithful Tarp clips, which look very similar at £7.95
Will post our experience on next outing using our drive away awning ( Vango Palm, just for info)

F63DA6BD-3898-4D2E-8FA1-365BBF45EF20.jpeg

Question - We have the Outwell Bremburg Air Drive Away Awning and on the website the connector kit says 4-7mm will the 4-6mm ones work? I'm a newbie BTW

Back