Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning attachment

The figure of 8 strips are 6mm

when using the transition Kit 4 x6mm the 4mm side of the Kador strip the fits the Wind out awning (WOA) leading edge,

the 4mm side goes direct to the WOA awning, the other 6mm side attaches to the Figure of 8 strips.

if using the clipping to top of awning method,
you don’t need to use the 4 x 6mm transition strip at all.
you simply but your drive away awning (DAA) into the Figure of 8,strips attached to the top of the WAO.
kador attached to the DAA will be 6mm as standard and slides into the figure of 8 (attached to the WAO)

have a look at the photos on post #8 DAA (6mm Kador sewn to the DAA) attached direct to the figure of 8 strips

hope that helps & clarifies.

edit: Clear Helicopter tape can be used to Wrap the front face of the WOA, to prevent scratches post #8 if you look closely at the front face of the WOA yiu will see it is much more gloss than standard, due to the helicopter tape applied.

Ok thanks for that. I think that was the confusion, for the life of me I could not find a 4mm x 6mm figure of 8, but looks like 6mm x 6mm will do that job so will give that a go. I will probably add a strip of clear protection tape along the top of the awning housing so the figure of 8 won't rub or scratch paint off the awning housing.
I think you might struggle unless the tape is very thin, but give it a go. If you try the tape and it works, please update this thread.

I think you might struggle unless the tape is very thin, but give it a go. If you try the tape and it works, please update this thread.
Helicopter tape works perfectly and is thin enough not to cause any issues

the front face of my WO awning is Wrapped in Helicopter tape, trimmed to fit the front face after fitting, looks like new :thumb

Helicopter tape works perfectly and is thin enough not to cause any issues

the front face of my WO awning is Wrapped in Helicopter tape, trimmed to fit the front face after fitting, looks like new :thumb
Ah okay, I see that in your post #8 now. We‘ll need to source helicopter tape wide enough/ long enough for the job.

alternative is Clear PPF, not sure how thick that is but I can’t imagine it’s too thick.

Back