Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DPF warning light

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
woke up all excited this morning as we were off to Bus Fest for my fix of splitscreens and of course the new T6 California!

As we set off for Bus Fest the display said "Diesel Particulate Filter Consult Manual" and the yellow warning light illuminated!

I stopped the Engine immediately and consulted the Internet where I found the advice to drive the Cali at high revs at a speed of at least 60kmh.

I drove harder than normal for the 50 miles to Bus Fest and the message has gone away and the warning light has now gone away.

Is this likely to of cured the problem for some time or is it likely to come back on again soon?

Maybe it's time to sell up and get a technology free splitty!!!

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated.

PS if you are looking for something to do tomorrow Bus Fest is well worth a visit and you can have a good look around the new Cali, both inside and out.

Andrew.

What engine,age,mileage is your Cali?
Saves a lot of guessing if you fill in your vehicle details :thumb

2010, 180bhp SE with 40,000 miles.

Thanks for the advice regarding vehicle details.

It needed to do a DPF burn. If you do lots of short trips then it is a good idea to try and do a longer, high speed trip every so often.

It needed to do a DPF burn. If you do lots of short trips then it is a good idea to try and do a longer, high speed trip every so often.

Many thanks for your response. We have indeed been using the Cali lately for short trips as my partner is 37 weeks pregnant and has had to stop cycling.

Back