Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog guard

G

GuyB

Has anyone found a dog guard that works well in the Cali? We have a 40kg Ridgey who rides on the bed extension in the back but is quite capable of coming over the seats in an emergency (or if left and bored!). At the moment we have one we brought from our old car which clips on the headrest posts - problem is these aren't vertical so the hooks slip down and the guard slips after a day or two....

Any ideas? Missus is extremely car proud (ex motor trade) so can't look crap!

Guy.

Did you sort out a solution with your dog, we have just bought a cali and are wondering how to keep a German Shepard onboard. And keep it safe as well as the van clean.

There is a Cali boot bag you can now get to go in the rear ,but you do have to take out the rear shelf ,but it will keep larger dogs at bay and you can have a hygienic mat over the boot bag as well ....;-)

We bought the Brandrup cover for the mattress on the back shelf (very tough and wipeable) and then put a generic guard up that hooks onto the headrest pillars. This stops him getting forward of the bench (also covered) and gives us space under the back shelf for "boot space", works really well for us as dog is happy to jump up onto shelf - might struggle with a smaller dog. Also got the protective strip on the rear bumper to stop him scratching it.

choplee said:
There is a Cali boot bag you can now get to go in the rear ,but you do have to take out the rear shelf ,but it will keep larger dogs at bay and you can have a hygienic mat over the boot bag as well ....;-)
Thanks choplee
That sounds interesting where can I view this, had a look around can't find.

Pete Wilkins said:
choplee said:
Thanks choplee

send me your e-mail and i'll send you some photo's of a first off one they did for a cali owner ...
this is the company in the link below ... i have one in my work car and got a cali one not in the clai ,but can also sort some photo's for you and mine is in blue ....PM me

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.phpxProd=1595

Hi, I just picked up my first California yesterday and am trying to figure out how to transport my hairy Husky and Jack Russell and still keep the van looking pristine! The hatchbag looks like a great idea but there don't seem to be any photos on their website. Can anyone email some to me at all. Many thanks.

Californication said:
Hi, I just picked up my first California yesterday and am trying to figure out how to transport my hairy Husky and Jack Russell and still keep the van looking pristine! The hatchbag looks like a great idea but there don't seem to be any photos on their website. Can anyone email some to me at all. Many thanks.

PM me with your e-mail and i'll send you some photo's :thumb

choplee said:
Pete Wilkins said:
choplee said:
Thanks choplee

send me your e-mail and i'll send you some photo's of a first off one they did for a cali owner ...
this is the company in the link below ... i have one in my work car and got a cali one not in the clai ,but can also sort some photo's for you and mine is in blue ....PM me

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.phpxProd=1595

The link does not work,I am very interested in one as well.with two rotties and an English bull the back is ideal but would like a ready made cover instead of my bodge job sheets and plastic!!!
Thanks

We use one of these.....
It fits between the front and back seats and leaves enough leg room for the kids.
Archie loves it and much prefers being in it while travelling. He sleeps in it in the awning during warmer months.
It keeps all the crud contained when we have been for a walk and we take it out after each trip to keep smells to a minimum! :smile :smile :smile
Folds flat in 10 seconds for storage
On Zooplus for about 60 quid for this size (large). Other smaller sizes were available.

DSC02730.jpg

pm me your e-mail cali1 and i'll send over the details and some photo's :thumb

choplee said:
pm me your e-mail cali1 and i'll send over the details and some photo's :thumb

That's only if you want some Cali hatch bag info or what they look like in a Cali ...