Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog Gate

E

elaine

Guest User
Does the parcel shelf double as a dog gate? there is a lever which I thought might be to hold the shelf in the upright position but cant see where to fix it to.

The simple answer is no the parcel shelf is only to make the bed full length

I use it as a dog guard sometimes. A bungee around the head rests hold it up nicely, but if anyone from VW is reading this a proper mount to hold it vertical would be a handy addition.

Think the manual (or a sticker somewhere) says that the car should not be driven unless the parcel shelf is locked in the horizontal position (or removed).

Although as I have mentioned before the manual appears to be full of more safety disclaimers than actual content.

How bouncy are the dogs that might climb over the back seat - it is massive :D

T

Big dog, dog de bordeaux. I thought it was a great innovation for it to double as a dog gate. What is the lever or arm for? I can't seem to find a use for it.
Elaine

Not sure. I think it is a bit like a bonnet prop so you can set the back at 45 degrees to gain access to the area underneath?
- Nick

kernow said:
I use it as a dog guard sometimes. A bungee around the head rests hold it up nicely, but if anyone from VW is reading this a proper mount to hold it vertical would be a handy addition.
Problem is that there is no location on the side opposite the wardrobe for a permanent mount but that is a good idea,

Does the dog mind a bungee round it's head? :)

elaine said:
Big dog, dog de bordeaux. I thought it was a great innovation for it to double as a dog gate. What is the lever or arm for? I can't seem to find a use for it.
Elaine

Ahh I see that is quite a large puppy! I have a dog guard which I use in my other car which clips to the headrest pillars which might work in the Cali, but would be a faff when you wanted to convert the seat to a bed. I think it was made by mont blanc (the roof rack people)

T