DIY SEAT PROTECTION.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Has anyone got any recommendations on the best diy seat fabric protection spray/liquid.
I've used bog standard Scotchguard on car seats, as well as jackets and shoes previously, with OK results. I now notice a Scotchguard Auto Fabric +Carpet WATER SHIELD being advertised on Ebay, but that comes from America at a ridiculous price.
Auto Express did a test, and Dodo Juice Fabricadabra came out on top with a five star rating.

Your views and experiences would be gratefully appreciated.

I used dodo on all the seats and does it work? No idea. It’s a bit like anti-Elephant powder I suppose - I keep spreading it outside my house and no Elephants have turned up yet!

Every so often there still seems to be a stain and they wipe off easy enough.

Personally not so fussed about the front but would love a cover just for the lower seat in the rear (not the backs) - thats the area that gets the most stains from cooking and living in the back.

There was someone here who made their own but did not take any of our hints that we would buy one off her :D

I used dodo on all the seats and does it work? No idea. It’s a bit like anti-Elephant powder I suppose - I keep spreading it outside my house and no Elephants have turned up yet!

Every so often there still seems to be a stain and they wipe off easy enough.

Personally not so fussed about the front but would love a cover just for the lower seat in the rear (not the backs) - thats the area that gets the most stains from cooking and living in the back.

There was someone here who made their own but did not take any of our hints that we would buy one off her :D
I just use a micro fibre camping bath towel on the rear bench for the past 8 yrs. Easily washed.

I just use a micro fibre camping bath towel on the rear bench for the past 8 yrs. Easily washed.
Like you I put a bath towel on the rear bench seat and small hand towels on the centre of the front seat, colour matching of course! I have also sprayed the edges of the fronts, where the water drips when you open the door on a rainy days, with big standard Scotchguard.
This treatment will be for another vehicle with almost ridiculous white trim. These need the full treatment.

Reactions: AJQ
Like you I put a bath towel on the rear bench seat and small hand towels on the centre of the front seat, colour matching of course! I have also sprayed the edges of the fronts, where the water drips when you open the door on a rainy days, with big standard Scotchguard.
This treatment will be for another vehicle with almost ridiculous white trim. These need the full treatment.
I thought it was ready?, been a few weeks now ;)

I’d like to know if and if the spray on treatments actually work these days. We’ve had them in the past on car seats, and household upholstery, and to be honest not found that they‘re at all effective after a few months of use. After the initial application they seem great (hygroscopic effect), but that diminishes.

There was a product on Dragons Den a few years ago that looked fantastic - something like liquidproof - aimed at shoes and clothes - don’t know if it’s still around or can be applied to seats?

I thought it was ready?, been a few weeks now ;)
Sorry I didn't reply to your query. Yes it has been a few weeks since the Buzz landed at Felixstow.
I asked the dealer to delay delivery until the new year so that it could be registered as a 2023 vehicle, so it sat at the docks till just before Christmas, then at the dealers since, probably being used to show potential customers.
Having the free Ohme wall box fitted curiosity of VW Finance on Thursday. Well not quite free, because we've had to pay £200 because the installation, in their words is at height. Which in reality means the installation engineer has to use a step ladder to fix the cable at ceiling height, which not all installers can do apparently !
Then on Friday is Buzz day. It is being delivered by the Sales Manager, who I hope will be able to show me how to use the touch screen controls.
By the way, on a previous posts, you said you were a commercial balloon pilot. Where did operate from, and which balloon, or balloons did you fly?

Has anyone got any recommendations on the best diy seat fabric protection spray/liquid.
I've used bog standard Scotchguard on car seats, as well as jackets and shoes previously, with OK results. I now notice a Scotchguard Auto Fabric +Carpet WATER SHIELD being advertised on Ebay, but that comes from America at a ridiculous price.
Auto Express did a test, and Dodo Juice Fabricadabra came out on top with a five star rating.

Your views and experiences would be gratefully appreciated.
Worth a read on link below.

I used Lifeshine and no stains after 5 years. I've done cars as well with good long term results.

Bought a kit to get correct fitting spray and just a further bottle. I did 2 or more pray coats.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11562751...69vtsGYzOLQXz//Zaq6e8cHEYT49|tkp:BFBMjuHpzbNh

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't reply to your query. Yes it has been a few weeks since the Buzz landed at Felixstow.
I asked the dealer to delay delivery until the new year so that it could be registered as a 2023 vehicle, so it sat at the docks till just before Christmas, then at the dealers since, probably being used to show potential customers.
Having the free Ohme wall box fitted curiosity of VW Finance on Thursday. Well not quite free, because we've had to pay £200 because the installation, in their words is at height. Which in reality means the installation engineer has to use a step ladder to fix the cable at ceiling height, which not all installers can do apparently !
Then on Friday is Buzz day. It is being delivered by the Sales Manager, who I hope will be able to show me how to use the touch screen controls.
By the way, on a previous posts, you said you were a commercial balloon pilot. Where did operate from, and which balloon, or balloons did you fly?
Awesome stuff……time soon to ignore all the negative stuff and start enjoying the new toy :thumb
To answer your question I flew my (12 man) passenger balloon in South Wales and freelanced for Virgin Airship and Balloon Co flying special shapes all over UK and many other countries :thumb

Awesome stuff……time soon to ignore all the negative stuff and start enjoying the new toy :thumb
To answer your question I flew my (12 man) passenger balloon in South Wales and freelanced for Virgin Airship and Balloon Co flying special shapes all over UK and many other countries :thumb
I am looking forward to the new toy, but I think I'll avoid narrow lanes for a while as the Buzz is 4" wider than a Cali.
We flew the Charles Church and Douwe Egberts balloons on the show circuit for around 10 years so we must have met sometime.

I am looking forward to the new toy, but I think I'll avoid narrow lanes for a while as the Buzz is 4" wider than a Cali.
We flew the Charles Church and Douwe Egberts balloons on the show circuit for around 10 years so we must have met sometime.
Wow, it’s a small world for sure …… my prime time was 1994 to 2001

Wow, it’s a small world for sure …… my prime time was 1994 to 2001
We started in 1986 with Graphic Techniques/BP V77, and finished like you, just after foot and mouth in 2001, with Commercial Union N180. Never went big to a 12 man. As you say a small world. As you must know we have another balloonist member of the forum who now lives in Switzerland.

Worth a read on link below.

I used Lifeshine and no stains after 5 years. I've done cars as well with good long term results.

Bought a kit to get correct fitting spray and just a further bottle. I did 2 or more pray coats.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115627511202?hash=item1aebefcda2:g:dEMAAOSwfABjjM93&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4FXrwlm2IByyZjZV3Wm7cg8COVtiMItvIsTD3YGO5TkpQGBR9hze/O5O778aqAJ5in8UKuvp1r+wumv1hDxqz1KRHlUvKcxp9cjd2HwX3agOyqX0QySMFBvSoVB7pzRF+5f0ha4rY8ii225ivDOVSqW+Z3ei6ntVFQUt20usjGvkr8u41w3A62vGwzyp+M3uY7LSGfxiu3V2E28pE2FtDHLoVBNeUcQBl8oXCOJw66QK8odsmeMNt9rbxNeMId3deVxboJ+Gg1H9voVi69vtsGYzOLQXz//Zaq6e8cHEYT49|tkp:BFBMjuHpzbNh
Many thanks. Was just about to renew the scotchgard on my seats. Read the auto express reviews and opted to order Sam's detailing instead.

Back