Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disposable bath towels anyone?

I've done quite a lot of disasters work, often in hot countries, in the field or at least without hot/cold water etc for a while, and sometimes only one spare shirt and pants because your main bag didn't make it onto the plane. Actually quite surprising how un-smelly most people usually are, even after quite a long time on a wet wipes regime.

It's invariably the twenty-somethings who bleat first about not being able to shower or wash their hair. Usually in a sardonic tone to try and convince you it isn't really getting to them of course, they're just saying. Us oldsters us are generally as happy as pigs in $hit. :happy

Having said that, a bag shower hung up from a tree with sun-warmed water can be utter heaven. I've bought one for our Cali but remains unused - not so appealing on the North York moors or in a Britstop carpark.

I've tried all sorts of trekking towels but I don't like them much. They're a necessary evil on a trekking trip when you have to keep weight to a minimum, but on a campervanning trip I would rather use an ordinary towel - hand towel size, not bath towel. This is easy enough to dry over the back seat or internal washing line (fixed across from the ceiling loop fixings for the roof bed net that we don't use). I carry a Minky Soak-Up cloth with me to the washroom as well, which acts as a little bathmat and can also be used for wiping unwholesome vanitory units. That dries out very quickly.