Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diamondbrite paint protection

J

Jimmylondon07

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just been sent a snazzy brochure by my dealer with an offer of applying the Diamondbrite interior and exterior protection for £399. I did a quick search in the forum and the reviews look pretty average at best to be honest, but most who have commented have then gone on to get a ceramic coating for ~£1k which is out of the question, my budget will go on additional kit. I’m also too lazy/busy to spend hours trying to prep it all and doing it myself. Am thinking maybe the Diamondbrite will at least give some basic protection against bird lime and so on. Assume it’s better than nothing?!

Save your money. I find these coverings are like emperors new clothes. Like bear locks and trackers. To justify the cost you have to convince yourself and everyone else you haven’t been mugged by a dealer.

Modern factory paint has all the layers and protection you need. This is a dealer upsell that you don’t need.

A good hand wash once a month with a good beading wash liquid is all you need.

Last edited:
It’s a no from me.
PPF the front end. It loves stone chips.
5 year ceramic the rest.
Don’t bother with ceramic on roof.
Cover with solar panels and roof rack surfboard etc !

Save your money. I find these coverings are like emperors new clothes. Like bear locks and trackers. To justify the cost you have to convince yourself and everyone else you haven’t been mugged by a dealer.

Modern factory paint has all the layers and protection you need. This is a dealer upsell that you don’t need.

A good hand wash once a month with a good beading wash liquid is all you need.
I agree with most, but not tracker.
For £600 a ghost and tracker save me from not having my new £79k 4Motion.
Of which you cannot spec new anymore.
Just my HO.
Good insurance covers me if they lift and put inside a lined container and I loose it forever.

We have just said no on our order.

My theory is that even if the product is good (which I am not sure of) then it will be installed by some random person in the dealer with a gritty rag!

I have bought a red van - as polishing a red car is one of lifes pure joys :)

I agree with most, but not tracker.
For £600 a ghost and tracker save me from not having my new £79k 4Motion.
Of which you cannot spec new anymore.
Just my HO.
Good insurance covers me if they lift and put inside a lined container and I loose it forever.
Securing my key saves from me not having mine ;) - but we all been here before and OP was about wasting his money, or not, on paint protection…

Last edited:
We have just said no on our order.

My theory is that even if the product is good (which I am not sure of) then it will be installed by some random person in the dealer with a gritty rag!

I have bought a red van - as polishing a red car is one of lifes pure joys :)
Curious if anyone’s had the Diamondbrite done that’s happy with it? With 2 young kids I don’t have time to clean my house let alone spend 4-5 hours carefully doing the Cali. I also don’t have a grand or more for PPF/ceramics done by a detailing company unfortunately, that’s just a reality.

Curious if anyone’s had the Diamondbrite done that’s happy with it? With 2 young kids I don’t have time to clean my house let alone spend 4-5 hours carefully doing the Cali. I also don’t have a grand or more for PPF/ceramics done by a detailing company unfortunately, that’s just a reality.
I would invest the money in seat covers if you have messy kids or pets. On our old Cali we had 2 kids and a dog - we installed the Inka seat covers (think they are about £200) - that took all the worry away.

I would invest the money in seat covers if you have messy kids or pets. On our old Cali we had 2 kids and a dog - we installed the Inka seat covers (think they are about £200) - that took all the worry away.
I have both :D they’re on the list haha.

Just been sent a snazzy brochure by my dealer with an offer of applying the Diamondbrite interior and exterior protection for £399. I did a quick search in the forum and the reviews look pretty average at best to be honest, but most who have commented have then gone on to get a ceramic coating for ~£1k which is out of the question, my budget will go on additional kit. I’m also too lazy/busy to spend hours trying to prep it all and doing it myself. Am thinking maybe the Diamondbrite will at least give some basic protection against bird lime and so on. Assume it’s better than nothing?!
I had diamondbrite on a new Audi and was the biggest waste of money I had ever spent. I would never ever consider this or even recommend it.
I’ve just had ceramic coating applied professionally to all paintwork, glass, plastic and wheels inside their workshop and all the upholstery done giving me a 9 year guarantee all for just under £1k.
Now that is money well spent, I never have to polish it again and comes up like it’s just left the factory every time I wash it.

Had it my Volvo, and after one year the beading effect on the clean car was no more. I’ve since used £16 bottle of Autoglym rapid ceramic coat. Also doing this to the Cali.

I had the Mercedes Stargard applied to my V Class. The van has a very simple clean and the the coating applied. There were still leaves under the tailgate when the car was handed over to me. I did get a bag of cleaning items which I used on the car. Within a year the water was not beading and I noticed the carpets just soaked up water no beading at all. After a bit of discussion they re applied it.
If you still want it try and get the price down or better still take it to a valeter and get the car cleaned properly and a protective coating applied. If you are not too worried about Ceramic Coating then a valeter will apply a similar product to the product that your dealership will apply for a similar cost. Also no valater will give you a lifetime guarantee on a coating but every dealer will. Read into that what you like.

I had it applied to my van by the dealer. Wish I hadn’t bothered as it clearly hasn’t been applied properly and looks a mess. Van is two tone, Reflex Silver over Starlight Blue, and when the sun shines on the blue you can see where it has been applied (like brush marks in paint). It’s crap. Save your money.