Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon and Cornwall via Bath with Golden Retriever 2020

Arrived in Bath after a 4 hour journey from Wadebridge (accident on A30).
Went for a lovely walk along river Avon as Bath Marina is so close.
Then for a lovely meal at the Boat House pub which is also on the river and we had Badger beer and watched the sun go down.

Now for a full day sightseeing Bath. The site is also near the park and ride for city centre.

Below is a pic of our Bath set up.

55D3D668-ACF1-46A1-A55F-72E7F5D8CAED.jpeg

Arrived in Bath after a 4 hour journey from Wadebridge (accident on A30).
Went for a lovely walk along river Avon as Bath Marina is so close.
Then for a lovely meal at the Boat House pub which is also on the river and we had Badger beer and watched the sun go down.

Now for a full day sightseeing Bath. The site is also near the park and ride for city centre.

Below is a pic of our Bath set up.

View attachment 62980
It really is in a great spot. We have hopped on this bus during our stays and walked back. Very handy. Enjoy your stay. :)

So final update
We arrived back at 3:30pm having left Bath at 11am. This was mainly due to two lots of road works on the M4 and was still probably quicker than a journey under normal circumstances.

Bath was lovely - lots to see and do. Great walks along river Avon and a tour of the Roman Bath house is a must. Bath Marina as previously mentioned is a great location to see the city.

Overall celebrates and considers from our first post covid trip.

Celebrate
1) Trip confirmed I like holidays in the cali and that 3 nights for us was preferred to making a new camp every night.
2) If you like walking and nature you won’t even be aware of the pandemic.
3) we successfully prebooked any evening pub meals and we found it a nice treat to eating in the Cali.
4) Devon and Cornwall are lovely and well worth a visit

Consider
1) our one site without toilet and shower was a pain and in hindsight we should have swappped but I was so impressed with the Telegraghs write up I couldn’t bare to miss it.
2) book attractions and meals as far in advance as you can. We didn’t go on st michaels mount as sold out.
3) Avoid hot spots like Padstowe and try to stay off the beaten path.

Best memory - braving Merlins cave at high tide and getting soaked
Worst memory- taking the cali down a narrow lane to Hemmicks beach and nearly getting stuck.
DEFE6B3F-5098-4D7E-AF1D-36F86815B4E2.jpeg0A3E56C8-4747-4335-A6F3-03F08A07D648.jpeg
Hope this little travel summary has inspired any member who was a little unsure of what to expect - let me know if anyone had any questions and good luck on your travels this summer.

Next outings planned
End July Southwold
End August North Norfolk

Can’t wait :thumb