Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Demand for campervans is going up

My point is 150+ people -1 weren’t bothered. I agree with your point but obviously they didn’t. Why?
How do you know this? have you checked every single feedback mechanism, quick google search revealed plenty of people regularly complain, Twitter and FB awash from numerous flights, but I understand your sentiment, given the amount of spare planes available and knowing their booking capacity, maybe a bigger plane?

Back on topic, the Swedish van prices are starting to slip, especially the Grand Calis.

Last edited:
I am chilled abiut waiting, until we get out of lockdown! My only concern is it was built Week 51 (2019!), then waited nearly two months for a tow bar, so what state are the leisure batteries?
I’m sure they will be fine and if not you got a warranty so it’s not going to cost you anything .
If you can afford it add the extra 2 yrs within 3 months of collecting its £329 but ads another 2 yrs factory warranty on everything
I delayed mine for some time I think I was the same week as you ...I was more concerned about where it was sat to be honest ha ha

I'd say a Cali sat around for months isn't the best start to it's life, batteries, complicated engine not being run, pumps, fridge etc. Good shout Jay20cali.

I can’t imagine many people will want to commit to an expensive PCP deal for a while. If demand is increasing it must be people in very secure jobs, or with lots of savings.
Grey pound purchases up, PCP purchases down SIGNIFICANTLY!

How do you know this? have you checked every single feedback mechanism, quick google search revealed plenty of people regularly complain, Twitter and FB awash from numerous flights, but I understand your sentiment, given the amount of spare planes available and knowing their booking capacity, maybe a bigger plane?

Back on topic, the Swedish van prices are starting to slip, especially the Grand Calis.
Just from various news services. Calm down. 150 people didn’t complain as they bordered the aircraft and took their seats.
Can’t even have a discussion until someone jumps in with both feet with a load of rubbish. Who cares , they obviously don’t as they are regular travellers.

Yep, Transit, Bilbo, Cali. Boy could i do with the wasted £££
Well at the moment we don't seem to have wasted anything and have enjoyed our camper but it's time to upgrade and make life just that little bit better :)

I've got a kayak but it's around 20 years old and pink!!!!!

Oh and there's no rivers near me within 20 miles suitable to use it on!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0156013606/

Someone gave me this book for my 50th, absolutely hilarious. Rule #1: It Doesn’t Matter. Somewhere in there, rule #?, If you ever find yourself saying the following, STOP IMMEDIATELY. #1: How much does that boat cost?

I wonder if they’ll open up self-catering holiday accommodation, including second homes? It would surely have minimal, even a positive, effect on R.

It would be harder to manage social distancing on campsites with their shared facilities.

Sunbathing and picnicking should also be manageable.

People living alone might be able to “bubble” into one other household.

Pitch prices are likely to substantially more given all the hype about distancing. Those without physically demarcated plots might be able to keep the price rise a bit lower as they can pack a bit tighter if shared toilet facilities permit. I just wish people would realise that flattening the curve does not change the area underneath it only the rate changes - the same amount of people are still going to be impacted- be it today or in 3, 6...months time. The area could of course be reduced if an effective vaccine is found soon, one that will, for those that take it, be alpha tested in the field on them rather than fully in the lab...

On topic - economic signals point to very few having the money or confidence to buy big ticket items- a glut of campers seems more likely for the next few years. Anyways we must all stay positive hopefully there will be brighter times ahead from then.

... and if demand for any campers would rise, then more likely those with their own on-board facilities, as you can imagine, certainly this summer, if campsites are to reopen, then it will be possibly without the sanitary blocks... not to say we can't improvise with porta-poties and other bolt on equipment, but when for a fraction of the price you can have yourself a self contained mobile holiday home (that means you can get away and not have to share your space with anyone you don't know), you can see what cash strapped buyers will opt for.
I can see our Cali's being less in favour if that's the scenario...
Time will tell, but one things for sure, interesting times ahead...

On topic - economic signals point to very few having the money or confidence to buy big ticket items- a glut of campers seems more likely for the next few years
I agree that the global economy is screwed, but the impact of that is going to be spread out over many many years and impact those at the bottom of the economic ladder the most. Most who would be buying a Cali are working at home on full pay with a couple of daily zoom calls. They've got healthy sun tans and they're already £s up from not being able to shop for the latest fashion and blow their salaries the local restaurants and farm shops. Cali prices may fall (I suspect they won't), but if they do, they will still massively outperform all other car sectors.

Last edited:
I would be happy using a plane when things have calmed down a bit. I'd like to think there will be extra cleaning measures in place but I presume personal ppe would be the way forward, mask, gloves etc?? to minimise cross infection.
Hmmnnn ... aircraft recycle the air breathed!!!

As a pilot, I can only speak for the specific aircraft type that I fly. The risk is no different to the one you are currently exposed to when going to the supermarket. Sensible precautions plus the wearing of a mask will minimise any infection transmission. Our aircraft have hospital grade hepafilters fitted to the air conditioning system that are proven to filter particles smaller than coronavirus virions. In addition, the airflow in the cabin flows from top to bottom, so any exhaled particles are immediately taken to floor level to be extracted and filtered. The greatest risk is from someone directly behind you sneezing and not covering their mouth or transmission from hands to mouth after being in contact with an infected surface. The biggest issue for air travel at the moment is a lack of consistent advice from the EU governing body EASA, resulting in mixed messages from differing countries and even airport by airport in the same country.

On the issue of communal shower blocks, don’t forget that the previous user will have (hopefully) showered with soap and hot water so the transmission risk is very low.

I agree that the global economy is screwed, but the impact of that is going to be spread out over many many years and impact those at the bottom of the economic ladder the most. Most who would be buying a Cali are working at home on full pay with a couple of daily zoom calls. They've got healthy sun tans and they're already £s up from not being able to shop for the latest fashion and blow their salaries the local restaurants and farm shops. Cali prices may fall (I suspect they won't), but if they do, they will will still massively outperform all other car sectors.
I like your optimism and in my heart i truly hope you are correct for all our sakes. My head and the multi billion£ country debt suggests to me something different - sticking with your analogy: the economic ladder will most likely manage to stay vertical however, it is those rungs in the middle that will be expected to take the economic burden and it is yet to be seen how many of these rungs might slip down/fail under the burden or indeed will remain over time. The top will always protect themselves/be protected - the bottom sadly have less to lose so even if those rungs fail it wont be so much of a fall - lucky them. Peoples financial situations will be changed regardless of how close they believe/want to believe they are to those upper rungs.

As for camper prices well let's hope that they will continue to outperform other car sectors; the real question is what are residuals going to be not who is on the "top". Granted, residuals only really matter if your selling. Anyone with PCP type deals might win with the GFV - but then that is not really a middle rung situation.

On the issue of communal shower blocks, don’t forget that the previous user will have (hopefully) showered with soap and hot water so the transmission risk is very low.

... given the number of times I've seen men (Maybe women do it too?), leave toilets without washing their hands, I don't have much faith in that!:talktothehand

I think California demand may increase.

I wonder if some will feel more comfortable holidaying in the UK or driving to a hotter climate for the next 18months or so.

As a family of 5, I’d much rather spend a day driving to the South of France or Northern Spain than fly at the moment.

Anybody feel the same?
I agree I think there will be a lot of people who either want to stay in the UK or as you say drive to Europe by Campervan rather than flying.

I like your optimism and in my heart i truly hope you are correct for all our sakes.
I think I said that the global economy is screwed. I just think in the short term Cali demand (and therefore prices) will be fine.

I think there is a chance that air travel will not be the same for a very long time. As the skies reopen, no country will be wanting to import or reimport the virus. Entire plane loads of arrivals from counties with high levels of infection may be decanted to hotels for quarantine until tested, adding significant cost to the price of a ticket.

Environmentalists would love it.

Perhaps on Eurostar and some international flights you could have a swab taken before boarding, the result sent by text before arrival at the destination.
Surely everyone is an environmentalist?

It’s good to see we are adults on here Ha! Ha! over on the VWT4 forum I mentioned crap 2 times in 2 posts, both were censured and replaced with *****
I replied with WTF are you thinking, this is common English, get a life, get a Toyota, go read the English dictionary. I haven’t had a reply yet
Try saying sh*tting without the asterisk.