Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Time Scales 6.1 Beach (positive news!)

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All,

I’ve dropped a few updates on the board whilst patiently waiting for my new Beach 6.1 to be built, delivered, shipped and gushed over. The order was placed mid July 2021 with an expected May / June build date, it moved to status 10 in September, so June seemed realistic. Last week my dealer called to say they had pulled some strings (i don’t believe it, but I’m not arguing with them) and the build date is now March with a shipping date to their centre being April. He said they were asked to prioritise customers who were close to June, so that it does not fall over to the new price increase.

I have no idea if / why they would pull strings for me nor how they would (the VW centre) go about prioritising one customer over another. I’m obviously very happy with that, but as the VW Centre also said, this could move out as well. He said they will know in 2 weeks as it should move to status 20 and if so build by March seems likely.

I’m thrilled and now thinking of half term adventures as well as summer hols. Any further updates I will be sure to post them.

Craig

Hi Craig, what’s status 10 or 20? I placed my order on June 2021, dealer said should be known the exact information at status 20.

Steve

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled

10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled

20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed

30 = In transit from factory

36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released

38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping

39 = Vehicle on ship

40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port

60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group

70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group

My order is still at Status 10 but he said that this will move next week as he had confirmation. This is the first, possible, change to the status that has happened since September. So I am hopeful that this is going to change next week. I’ll keep this thread updatated.

My order is still at Status 10 but he said that this will move next week as he had confirmation. This is the first, possible, change to the status that has happened since September. So I am hopeful that this is going to change next week. I’ll keep this thread updatated.
I placed an order for a Beach in June 2021 with an expected delivery in March/April 2022. The VW Dealer called me to say that the van is now in Rotterdam awaiting a ship to the UK & will hopefully be with them in the next couple of weeks.

My Beachwas ordered early July 21. Dealer has just confirmed build week 7 (mid Feb) so should be here by end March or early April. Maybe they are having a push on Beaches!

I ordered my Ocean in June 21 & the dealer still says as far as he is aware. The build date is still February. We will see

My dealer doesn't say anything :Grin But I'm happy for you all: exciting times now in that last period until the finish line.

My Beachwas ordered early July 21. Dealer has just confirmed build week 7 (mid Feb) so should be here by end March or early April. Maybe they are having a push on Beaches!
The Beach is less complex than the Ocean, so they may end up coming out quicker than an Ocean booked at the same period. It’s good news that there are quire a few updates coming through. I work for chip manufacturer (GPU) and although there are still challenges it is getting better as production ramps up to the new forecasted levels. So hopefully there’s a few positive things going on that are helping with lead times. 1 year to wait for a van is tough going, but I’ve started to now accumulate the some new camping equipment as it now feels more real.

The Beach is less complex than the Ocean, so they may end up coming out quicker than an Ocean booked at the same period. It’s good news that there are quire a few updates coming through. I work for chip manufacturer (GPU) and although there are still challenges it is getting better as production ramps up to the new forecasted levels. So hopefully there’s a few positive things going on that are helping with lead times. 1 year to wait for a van is tough going, but I’ve started to now accumulate the some new camping equipment as it now feels more real.
What have you bought?

haha. No, sorry...I meant the new camping equipment?
here’s a few things

Outwell Inflatable awning - a bit if extra space and room for another bed (for a snorer if needed)(with inner bedroom)
2 S2S inflatable mats, that can give a bit of extra comfort
Robins double inflatable mattress , expensive but had one for years and it’s pretty great, It could go in the van downstairs or in the awning
Some nice bowls and utensils from Robins
Washing up carrying bag from snow peak - it’s a nice plastic box that all the cooking stuff can go in and you can use it for washing up / washing
Gruezi downwool sleepingbag (that’s for me) can convert it in to large duvet or thick sleeping bag
Couple of nice reachable lights from Robins

Just a few creature comforts, also predicting another crazy spring and summer where everything goes out of stock, so I want to get the big things now and have them.

here’s a few things

Outwell Inflatable awning - a bit if extra space and room for another bed (for a snorer if needed)(with inner bedroom)
2 S2S inflatable mats, that can give a bit of extra comfort
Robins double inflatable mattress , expensive but had one for years and it’s pretty great, It could go in the van downstairs or in the awning
Some nice bowls and utensils from Robins
Washing up carrying bag from snow peak - it’s a nice plastic box that all the cooking stuff can go in and you can use it for washing up / washing
Gruezi downwool sleepingbag (that’s for me) can convert it in to large duvet or thick sleeping bag
Couple of nice reachable lights from Robins

Just a few creature comforts, also predicting another crazy spring and summer where everything goes out of stock, so I want to get the big things now and have them.
Love the sea to summit SIMs. What are your thoughts on a fridge?

Love the sea to summit SIMs. What are your thoughts on a fridge?
I got the VW thrown in as part of the deal. I’ve heard it’s compression fridge all the way, which is 600+ GBP. I’m going to leave that one and do with what we have until the next bonus comes in and I’ve used everything for a few months. I’ve gone for comfort first, especially for the kids. We dont eat meet, cereal , so pasta, sauces and veg will last a week with trips to the pub.

I got the VW thrown in as part of the deal. I’ve heard it’s compression fridge all the way, which is 600+ GBP. I’m going to leave that one and do with what we have until the next bonus comes in and I’ve used everything for a few months. I’ve gone for comfort first, especially for the kids. We dont eat meet, cereal , so pasta, sauces and veg will last a week with trips to the pub.
Meant to sat I got the VW fridge thrown in, but it’s not ideal.

Meant to sat I got the VW fridge thrown in, but it’s not ideal.
I remember your previous thread when ordering about the cool box being thrown in and the discussion about thermo-electric v compressor.
Was it the VW Coolbox that's thrown in?

Back