Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery dates?

tribloke

tribloke

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, I ordered on the 7th of May, was initially given a date of Mid October for delivery.

Last week was then told built date is the 26th week - End of June - what does this mean though? The actual competed day or will it take a few weeks to build it?

Was then told it may take 6 weeks to get to the dealer then I have 2 weeks to pick it up.

I'm thinking I'll miss the Sept 1st 69 registration date. They've said if they hang onto it either.

When do you think it'll be delivered?

That’s your build week so it’s around 3 weeks after you will see it give or take.

wow, so it'll be in the UK at the end of July?

My dealer told me that VW were prioritising UK orders because of B****t - they are terrified of potential tarifs as a result of a No Deal exit - tarifs that they may be expected to pay on existing orders. (Don't shoot me - I am only the messenger here!)

My dealer told me that VW were prioritising UK orders because of B****t - they are terrified of potential tarifs as a result of a No Deal exit - tarifs that they may be expected to pay on existing orders. (Don't shoot me - I am only the messenger here!)
Funny that I got a quote today and it’s got an estimated build week 27 that means I’d have it early August so I recon your right...our last van took nearly 6months

sounds reasonable, I'll not bother with the 69 private plate I had in mind then. I guessed they were rushing the pohm orders through. Cheers

We also ordered at the start of May and were told October for delivery with a build date sometime in August.

We also ordered at the start of May and were told October for delivery with a build date sometime in August.
And husband just told me he spoke to our dealer last week and he’s now said a build date of end June.

And husband just told me he spoke to our dealer last week and he’s now said a build date of end June.
Wow there really knocking these vans out at the moment

Sorry to put a dampener on proceedings but my experience is it depends what you order and from which dealer.
Eg if your ordering a 4motwith a lot of options it can add weeks to build.
I ordered mid jan
Build week 15 roughly 8th April
Build completed last Friday 24/5
Now at port in Germany and estimate hopefully max 3 weeks to get to a uk dealer
So 5 months ish in total.
From the extensive research on the forum I’ve learned every order seems to be personalised depending on ocean or beach, options, dealer allocation.
But one thing I’ve learned is waiting is agonising- by time of delivery you have read and watched every California article or YouTube video.
Will be worth it though - hope that helps? :thumb

Mine is from Liverpool Van Centre,

It's the 4motion 30 years, most options are selected. So I'll see, I'm already on a loop with the youtube videos :)

My current list are:

• VdubPhotogLife
  • A Bus and Beyond
  • California Chris
  • Eamon and Bec
  • Travelling Togs
  • Thomas Heaton
  • Andrew Ditton
Any suggestions?

Sorry to put a dampener on proceedings but my experience is it depends what you order and from which dealer.
Eg if your ordering a 4motwith a lot of options it can add weeks to build.
I ordered mid jan
Build week 15 roughly 8th April
Build completed last Friday 24/5
Now at port in Germany and estimate hopefully max 3 weeks to get to a uk dealer
So 5 months ish in total.
From the extensive research on the forum I’ve learned every order seems to be personalised depending on ocean or beach, options, dealer allocation.
But one thing I’ve learned is waiting is agonising- by time of delivery you have read and watched every California article or YouTube video.
Will be worth it though - hope that helps? :thumb
Agree that lead time is variable with order specification but once you have your build date that is a good indicator of potential arrival i.e. plus three weeks.

It's the 4motion 30 years, most options are selected. So I'll see, I'm already on a loop with the youtube videos :)

My current list are:

• VdubPhotogLife
  • A Bus and Beyond
  • California Chris
  • Eamon and Bec
  • Travelling Togs
  • Thomas Heaton
  • Andrew Ditton
Any suggestions?
Have travelling togs packed up?

Check out Chili from Taiwan, his channel has some useful info... If you set closed captions (CC) and auto translate to English, you'll get the commentary. :thumb

Try
My California dream IBT
Happy-T6-Cali
The wheel network- California t6
Bob Flavin
Shane Morris - California 4 motion review
Evocars- T6 VW California

Then start reading peoples blogs............:cheers

Oh and on this forum @Amarillo blog of visiting all eu countries in a cool grape beach is also good reading.

My current list are:

• VdubPhotogLife
  • A Bus and Beyond
  • California Chris
  • Eamon and Bec
  • Travelling Togs
  • Thomas Heaton
  • Andrew Ditton
Any suggestions?
Maybe we can entertain you with some of our video’s?
https://youtube.com/happy_t6_cali

ordered mine in early May, just been told it is made and now in Belgium, so i will pick it up in a few weeks time! super excited.

Back