Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery Date Earlier Than Expected

And69sk1

And69sk1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I ordered a California Ocean in early August and at the time i was told it would be a 6 month lead time. This fitted well with us as we could save and also get a new 2018 plate. I have now been told that there is a possibility that it will be ready before the end of the year.

My dilemma is now whether to take it early or still wait until March. I am doing a part exchange so potentially would get more if I did earlier but dealer is only roughly saying it would be 1000 more so not really worth it from that sense.

Any advice welcome on what they would do.

Cheers
Andy

I ordered a California Ocean in early August and at the time i was told it would be a 6 month lead time. This fitted well with us as we could save and also get a new 2018 plate. I have now been told that there is a possibility that it will be ready before the end of the year.

My dilemma is now whether to take it early or still wait until March. I am doing a part exchange so potentially would get more if I did earlier but dealer is only roughly saying it would be 1000 more so not really worth it from that sense.

Any advice welcome on what they would do.

Cheers
Andy

I'd go for January pick up. It's then a 2018 (albeit not an 18 plate). New reg novelty only lasts 6 months. Balance that against 3 months more use of the van. Just my thoughts.

Mine is being delivered 6 weeks early (Spain) VW must have got their fingers out over the past three months. Your model year will be 2018, so no changes are to be expected until the middle of next year anyway. It depends on what you have planned for early 2018 I suppose. March seems an age away, so it could be nice to see what's in santas sack! If you are saving a grand, you could buy some extra blingy bits or even use it to take a ferry to Santander and explore the snowy peaks of the Picos de Europa for a week.

We were expecting a spring delivery with the suggested production delays but it arrived almost exactly as the dealer quoted. If you are planning on camping during the winter months then get it ASAP. We spent many winter weekends(UK) in the quietest, tranquil sites with only a handful of other campers. Plenty of opportunities for some winter getaways lots of sites are open.

Don't waste three months of away days, that is something I think you will regret!

.. message ends..

I agree with Teejay, camping in winter is so nice when you have a nice crisp sunny winter weekend. You will have campsites all to yourself and you can also use your van for day trips.

Also do you really want your van kept in some dodgy compound for several months?

Is this a wind up? I waited 3 months and every day was torture. Can't imagine opting for more waiting. A couple of weeks maybe...but not months! Go get it asap.

Back