Data Privacy settings - how to get rid of the initial warning re: Max Privacy

• Thread starter Helens50california
  • Start date
H

Helens50california

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 110
We are enjoying our new Cali but haven't yet worked out where in settings you navigate to get to the privacy settings to adjust or accept, the factory default which generates a message everytime you start up noting "user settings set at maximum privacy". We don't have the satnav option (so far as I am aware) but how can you get rid of the message each time you start up. Are we missing something obvious?

We are enjoying our new Cali but haven't yet worked out where in settings you navigate to get to the privacy settings to adjust or accept, the factory default which generates a message everytime you start up noting "user settings set at maximum privacy". We don't have the satnav option (so far as I am aware) but how can you get rid of the message each time you start up. Are we missing something obvious?
Hi, fellow Coast owner here, also with no Sat Nav (Andriod Auto is great and always up to date !)

The privacy settings are buried a few levels down inside the menu.............

System Settings...............
20220903_094216.jpg
Then We Connect & Connect Fleet...............
20220903_094222.jpg
Then "Privacy settings / Manage Services" under there.
20220903_094232.jpg
Worth noting that your updated choice will probably still pop a message on the welcome screen just to let you know what you have left it set to, so might not remove your annoyance.

Thanks so much for your reply and step-by-step guidance. My first post on the club message board and a great reply. Very many thanks for your help. I will switch to a different option and see if we still get the privacy warning on screen every time we start up!!

Back