Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Cam problems

Love my Wee Belter

Love my Wee Belter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello all
Cali Uhuru here... Uhuru means freedom in Swahili (lived in Kenya back in the 60's)
Question.. I took possession of my Cali Ocean T6.1 (21 reg) yesterday very excited and went to get a front dash cam installed before my first big trip however the installer opened up the fuse box and said without a diagram of what fuse did what he was afraid to link it with a fuse that was dedicated like an Air bag one so I went home disappointed
Has anyone else had issues like this?

VW don’t like you messing with fuse boxes because they think we are all numpties. There are plenty on here who know what goes where, but don’t expect answers from VW.

Thanks Ozzy must be a VW hang-up as my Bimmer and my mates Audi both have diagrams on the back of the fuse box lids!

Thanks Ozzy must be a VW hang-up as my Bimmer and my mates Audi both have diagrams on the back of the fuse box lids!
That’s how it is for vast majority of manufacturers but not For the California. You will certainly get info from the forum. Good luck.

Hello all
Cali Uhuru here... Uhuru means freedom in Swahili (lived in Kenya back in the 60's)
Question.. I took possession of my Cali Ocean T6.1 (21 reg) yesterday very excited and went to get a front dash cam installed before my first big trip however the installer opened up the fuse box and said without a diagram of what fuse did what he was afraid to link it with a fuse that was dedicated like an Air bag one so I went home disappointed
Has anyone else had issues like this?
You are a VIP member. Check the Resources section.
Lots of annotate fuse diagrams for the T6 by @Loz and they are similar to the T5/T5.1 and probably the T6.1, especially the fuses in the central dashboard compartment.
I have used a piggy back fuse onto a 5 amp fuse used for the Heater fan. Ignition controlled and has worked perfectly for the past 5 yrs.