Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged bellows and canvas whilst roof corrosion being repaired- advice appreciated

David, the roof looks even to me when down. Perhaps got away with that aspect as it was the front bellows that’s got damaged. I assume if it’s the side back bellows by the legs then they are more likely to damage the roof.

Was you’re van at the Lookers Audi bodyshop also?

The cut is just poor workmanship and they worker must have known they did it. The bent bellows just shouldn’t happen and i suspect it’s a lack of procedures and checks in place. Perhaps I’m too harsh and it was just a mistake and someone forgot to open door/window. Something I suspect they weren’t aware of as bellows were in a right mess when I opened it up. Making me think it was when it was last put down.

Do you mind me identifying that I know this has not been the first time? When did the work get carried out on your Cali?
That’s good news if the roof hasn’t been damaged. I could see a crease in the side of my roof. The Audi bodyshop did a botched repair on this crease and this is when I insisted on a replacement roof. I also refused to let the Glasgow garage carry out anymore work due to their incompetence and this is when I contacted Andy Bruce.

The damage was done in October 2016 and the repair was completed in August 2017, a duration of 10 months. I have no problem with you referring to my situation, just hope it helps. Please let me know how you get on.

That’s good news if the roof hasn’t been damaged. I could see a crease in the side of my roof. The Audi bodyshop did a botched repair on this crease and this is when I insisted on a replacement roof. I also refused to let the Glasgow garage carry out anymore work due to their incompetence and this is when I contacted Andy Bruce.

The damage was done in October 2016 and the repair was completed in August 2017, a duration of 10 months. I have no problem with you referring to my situation, just hope it helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Took a very long time to sort out then! Thanks for all your information which is a great help. Hopefully someone does the decent thing and agree to fix the damage and don’t need to go down the route of small claim court.

Lookers agreed to replace the canvas as a good will gesture. Thank you David for your help.

I took my Cali in yesterday and it was done in a couple of hours. They took me on a tour of the workshop and looks like they are trying their best to do a professional job.

Looking forward to using the pop up for the first time in 6 months.

Lookers agreed to replace the canvas as a good will gesture. Thank you David for your help.

I took my Cali in yesterday and it was done in a couple of hours. They took me on a tour of the workshop and looks like they are trying their best to do a professional job.

Looking forward to using the pop up for the first time in 6 months.
I'm glad you managed to get it sorted out eventually. It's unfortunate however that Lookers don't seem to have upped their game since their botched repair on my vehicle.