Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cutlery tray in draw

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
Does anyone else have a problem of getting normal size knife and forks in the standard tray in draw, we have 3 sets and not one goes in !!!

Nope. But the tray is small. Just checked, our knives fit (but just) and our forks have about a cm room to spare. If you google ''average length cuttlery' you can compare yours to average sizes. Sure your tray is the standard one?

No i don’t know i suppose ! What does a standard one look like ?

Always figured ours is original, but wasn't sure because we bought our van second hand. Just took a photo for you though and found the original VW-sticker on the bottom. Might be useful for reference. But there are also several alternatives you can buy. See photo's below.

Photo of ours:
lade_t5.jpg

I believe the club shop sells this one. It might give you just a tad more room, sinc ethe slots are diagonal.
UB100850001-Besteklade-inzet-1-768x768.jpg

product_v_w_vw-t5-t5-1-t6-california-parts-cutlery-canteen-organiser-van-x-lhd-kitchen_7_.jpg

Seems like the original as well. (This photo is from the internet).

I removed the original and now use a small plastic tray for cutlery and then have the rest of the space for wooden spoon, spatula, chef knives etc. I can now fit way more in there. It initially niggled me that I didn't have a beautifully laid out drawer with items in separate slots but I quickly got over myself :)

Oh yes glad it's not just me.

Bought some new cutlery from dunelm and they are all too long for the cutlery draw. Ended up using my old set from home that was considerably more expensive. But they fit perfectly.

What are the measurements of the ones that fit please

1st 2 pictures are the ones that fit. Pictures 3 and 4 are the dunelm set that are too big

20211003_171940.jpg

20211003_171944.jpg

20211003_172033.jpg

20211003_172036.jpg

Never had a problem with the cutlery tray and used an Ikea box lid as another pull out work surface (sorry can't remember which one but plenty of info on here)

Never had a problem with the cutlery tray and used an Ikea box lid as another pull out work surface (sorry can't remember which one but plenty of info on here)
It's the lid of the Ikea Kuggis box

Hi
Does anyone else have a problem of getting normal size knife and forks in the standard tray in draw, we have 3 sets and not one goes in !!!
Might be a bit late now (only just saw this post) but yesterday I bought a cheap set of cutlery from Dunelm…..£5 ….. cheep and cheerful bargain, even matches the van colour (they have a range of colours)
F3459FD2-28D1-4249-BF5F-880F65C4B694.jpeg

I bought a set from ikea that didn't fit. However my set at home did so I swapped over. My home set was dunelm.

I keep my camper cutlery in it's original 1960s box in a cupboard below and use the cutlery tray for long stuff like spatulas , chopsticks and sporks :rolleyes: plus random stuff like bottle openers, cigarette lighters and sauce sachets

Warning! I paid over $120 for a set of these from that link in January 2022 and received nothing! They don’t answer my emails. This magnetic flatware is also available on eBay, and far cheaper.
Awww, really sorry @R_Sargeant_CH thats awful.
i see they’ve closed the campaign now. Are Indiegogo saying they can’t help?

Hi
I dispensed with the cutlery tray as I felt it wasted space . See my drawer attached.

20220609_125522.jpg

I dedcided to add another drawer to the left hand side. Quite by chance the exisiting tray slotted perfectly on top and left enough space underneath the tray for larger cutlery items.

I dedcided to add another drawer to the left hand side. Quite by chance the exisiting tray slotted perfectly on top and left enough space underneath the tray for larger cutlery items.
Nice job

Warning! I paid over $120 for a set of these from that link in January 2022 and received nothing! They don’t answer my emails. This magnetic flatware is also available on eBay, and far cheaper.

No cutlery in our cutlery drawer. The rattles would cause me a meltdown.
We didn't want plastic or bamboo crockery, or plastic cutlery. So spent some time just looking at what would work best for us and, more importantly, quietly.
I think this was a washbag or similar that we already had. Now contains 4 oftast plates, 4 oftast bowls, with felt separators and 4 knives,forks and spoons.

20220609_154806.jpg

20220609_154728.jpg

Back