Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Currently "jokers" but expecting to be californians by april

K

Kingpin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We bought a vw t25 hightop westfalia 6 years ago to "try" camper vanning after a trip to the dolomites in july 2010 under canvas turned into a very cold trip with 6 inches of snow. We realised we were not getting any younger and canvas was not the way to go! 6 years on and no regrets, but a 28 year vehicle is starting show i'ts age and we have more time to travel these days and less to keep the old "westfalia club joker" in good working order. So is it a good late model version or new? As soon as we saw the spec and build quality of the ocean it was a no brainer.
Our Christmas present to ourselves is a california ocean in acapulco blue 150ps 6 speed manual hopefully taking delivery late march/early april. The club joker is going up for sale and the campervan lifestyle begins afresh in may with an annual 3-4 week trip to the Scottish highlands & Islands. ( thanks Calmac for the ferry fares reductions last year and hopefully ongoing)

We bought a vw t25 hightop westfalia 6 years ago to "try" camper vanning after a trip to the dolomites in july 2010 under canvas turned into a very cold trip with 6 inches of snow. We realised we were not getting any younger and canvas was not the way to go! 6 years on and no regrets, but a 28 year vehicle is starting show i'ts age and we have more time to travel these days and less to keep the old "westfalia club joker" in good working order. So is it a good late model version or new? As soon as we saw the spec and build quality of the ocean it was a no brainer.
Our Christmas present to ourselves is a california ocean in acapulco blue 150ps 6 speed manual hopefully taking delivery late march/early april. The club joker is going up for sale and the campervan lifestyle begins afresh in may with an annual 3-4 week trip to the Scottish highlands & Islands. ( thanks Calmac for the ferry fares reductions last year and hopefully ongoing)
Welcome! I will "do" the Highlands and Islands one day. September onwards this year when all the midges have gone or next year. Don't forget to post pictures of your trip.
:welcome

Welcome , i think if we are reaching older age i'd do the opposite , from pop-top to a high-top .

Welcome and sounds like your expert-vw-campers. Good to have you on board